Remote Printing

167fsl
Follower

Remote Printing

I have a remote printer I am trying to connect to my network.  Due to the distance bewteen the Nighthawk router and the printer (not a wireless printer) running a cable is not an option.  Any suggestions on connecting wirelessly to this remote printer? 

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: Remote Printing

If it the printer doesn't do wireless, it is hard to see how you can connect it wirelessly.

However, if Is it a LAN printer, you could see if a Powerline network would work.

If it isn't wifi or LAN, then there's probably no way of connecting them.

Just another user with a set of boilerplate macros.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 4
StephenB
Guru

@michaelkenward wrote:

However, if Is it a LAN printer, you could see if a Powerline network would work. 

Powerline should work, though the performance does depend on the circuit quality.

A WiFi extender/bridge is another option.  Most have LAN ports.

Message 3 of 4
William10a
Master

If does not have a lan port but a usb port  you could connect with power line adaptor into a print server with a usb output as long the the same breaker box servies both locations or a very long cat 6 cable as long you keep the run to 100meters or less to print server 100 meters is about 330 feet.Thinking about the lan cable could connect to a router with a usb 2 port setup as access point near the printer no print server needed and have wifi in that location not simple answer but it ends with a plus free wifi as bonus and the router need no to the biggest or most powerful a wndr4300 or better will do as long supports any possible wifi devices you may add.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E