Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Remote Reset of NightHawk AC1900 Smart Wifi Router Model R7000

SidatCabin
Follower

Remote Reset of NightHawk AC1900 Smart Wifi Router Model R7000

I use the WIFI at my cabin to monitor while I am gone using cameras.  Occasionally the the fiber internet service has a hick up and the router needs to be reset.  How do I send a reset to the router remotely  after the internet service has had a hick up? 

Message 1 of 4
FURRYe38
Guru

Are you referring to reboot of the router? A reset would clear out any user configurations. 

If you can't access the router then you might not be able to reboot the router and would been to be on site to reboot that. If you can access the router via the Nighthawk app, you can reboot the router remotely using that app.

IF there is a problem then you may need to troubleshoot the issue first. 

What Firmware version is currently loaded?
What is the Mfr and model# of the Internet Service Providers modem/ONT the NG router is connected too?

What channels are you using? Auto? Try Auto and 48 on 5Ghz. Or try setting manual channel 1, 6 or 11 on 2.4Ghz and 40 to 48 channel on 5Ghz.
Any Wifi Neighbors near by? If so, how many?

Message 2 of 4

@SidatCabin wrote:

How do I send a reset to the router remotely  after the internet service has had a hick up? 

It is now known as Anywhere Access.

How do I enable or disable Anywhere Access on my router using the Nighthawk app? | Answer | NETGEAR ...

To check the manual for details, you need to note this:

Remote Management is now Anywhere Access in the Nighthawk and Orbi apps | Answer | NETGEAR Support

The problem is that you need Internet access to the R7000 to use Anywhere Access, which relies on a Netgear "cloud" connection. If the hiccup just means that the thing goes off an then comes back on, you should be fine. But if the Internet is dead, there isn't a way into the router.

Message 3 of 4
Bill-D
Apprentice

I also have 2 residences with R7000 routers (3000 miles apart).  I use 2 of these devices below to automatically reboot my Router and Modem when they stop working for any reason.  You configure them to ping a series of websites and customize cycle times.  I've had them several years and they never let me down.  They eliminated my need to ask friends and neighbors to go to my house for a reboot.

https://www.amazon.com/5Gstore-App-Controled-Remote-Power-Switch/dp/B0831T2DYV/ref=sr_1_3?crid=RRYQ3...

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7