Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Remote Reset of Router Help?

KBoy420
Follower

Remote Reset of Router Help?

Hi all -
I'm away on vacation and my router needs to be reset. Is there a way I can set this up to do remotely? I have the Nighthawk app and it is finding my previously set-up account but cannot connect. Is there any way to remote reset the router?
Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Re: Remote Reset of Router Help?

@KBoy420 wrote:
Hi all -
I'm away on vacation and my router needs to be reset. Is there a way I can set this up to do remotely? I have the Nighthawk app and it is finding my previously set-up account but cannot connect. Is there any way to remote reset the router?

It is possible, but only if you set it up in advance.

Your footer says you have an R6700. That is a Nighthawk router. You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Mobile Routers, Hotspots & Modems.

Are you using one of those to access your R6700?

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

Nighthawk WiFi Routers

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

In the manual you can read about how to set up and use Remote Access, now known as Anywhere Access.

Meanwhile, happy reading:

Enabling your router's remote management | Answer | NETGEAR Support

How do I enable remote access on my router using the Nighthawk app? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

How do I create a remote access genie account with the Windows desktop genie app? | Answer | NETGEAR...

What functions can I manage using remote access in the genie mobile app? | Answer | NETGEAR Support

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7