Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Remote access with own domain

Zuek
Follower

Remote access with own domain

I have a router, a static IP and domain (let it be a domain.ru). I want to use subdomain router.domain.ru to access my router. How I can do it? I create A-record (@ and router) at domain DNS and point it to my IP. If I enter domain.ru - I can access router. But if I enter router.domain.ru - I couldn't. How to make vice versa?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Remote access with own domain

Hi Zuek,

This might not be possible with the router. The router will only read the domain to access your router based on the configuration in DynDNS.

JamesGL

Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi Zuek,

This might not be possible with the router. The router will only read the domain to access your router based on the configuration in DynDNS.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 2 of 3
JamesGL
Master

Hi Zuek,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7