Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Remote login problem with replace R7000 keeps telling me I am logged in from another device

gsgriffin
Aspirant

Remote login problem with replace R7000 keeps telling me I am logged in from another device

I had my new R7000-AP1900 for 3 months and 1 day before it gave out.  They shipped me a replacement, but it doesn't seem to work correctly.  Wondering if they send out refurbished instead of new.  

I've configured the router to allow for remote access.  Have tried all kinds of configurations between single IP, any IP.  I have access to other devices in my network, but most appear to be interrupted after 1 minute of connection.  The web interface for the router itself is INCREDIBLY slow.  So slow that sometimes it defaults to a plain text menu.  The worst part is that every few seconds it pops up and tells me I'm logged in on another device and have to click "Yes" to close that and then log in again and repeat.  Can't really configure.

Trying to use TeamViewer for remote access inside the network, I get about 1 minute of connection before it is terminated.  Have tried incognito, multiple different browsers on different computers.  All same results.

Does this sound familiar or do I need to return the newly replace router?

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
gsgriffin
Aspirant

Re: Remote login problem with replace R7000 keeps telling me I am logged in from another device

I don't know what the cause it, but when I tried using a VPN from my remote location back to the router, everything is fine.  There is something with the connection that only this router has a problem with.  I can connect with TeamView to devices behind it, a different router from Asus behind it, IP cameras....everything except this router that does keep the connection.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

Have you tried to full factory reset the unit?

DarrenM

Message 2 of 3
gsgriffin
Aspirant

I don't know what the cause it, but when I tried using a VPN from my remote location back to the router, everything is fine.  There is something with the connection that only this router has a problem with.  I can connect with TeamView to devices behind it, a different router from Asus behind it, IP cameras....everything except this router that does keep the connection.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7