Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Remove Advanced Tomato and go back to stock

poconnor
Aspirant

Remove Advanced Tomato and go back to stock

Hi all,

I bought my R7000 about a year ago with the intention of flashing to advanced tomato and running my chosen VPN client for all network traffic. I did the flash, vpn setup etc but was disappointed how bad the speeds were (I wasn't aware that this would be the case unfortunately). I was getting 18 mb per sec at best. In the end I just chucked the router in a cupboard and forgot about it until today.

Now, for a few reasons, I want to use this router again. Mainly as I am using my ISP-issue router which is poor with no means of customising settings. However, my R7000 is still set up on Advanced Tomato.

My question is how do I revert the R7000 back to "out of the box" settings without bricking it?

Thanks.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
myersw
Master

This is a forum for Netgear firmware. I would suggest contacting advanced tomato author and ask. This the problem with doing 3rd party firmware. You always want to make sure you know how to get back.

Since this is tomato with pretty interface, I would guess the back to stock provided by Shibby should work. See link and look for rseries back to OFW or something like that.

Here is link

http://tomato.groov.pl/download/K26ARM/

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
myersw
Master

This is a forum for Netgear firmware. I would suggest contacting advanced tomato author and ask. This the problem with doing 3rd party firmware. You always want to make sure you know how to get back.

Since this is tomato with pretty interface, I would guess the back to stock provided by Shibby should work. See link and look for rseries back to OFW or something like that.

Here is link

http://tomato.groov.pl/download/K26ARM/

Message 2 of 4
poconnor
Aspirant

Thanks Bill - already managed to sort it so back running stock firmware now!

Message 3 of 4
myersw
Master

Glad you got it sorted out.  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements