Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Repeated Spam Attempts

Grafixmac
Tutor

Repeated Spam Attempts

My wife texted me a link to some malicious website last night and before I had the presence of mind to not click it, I did. Now I am getting repeated spam attempts constantly and consistently all day long and my Nighthawk app on my phone is alerting my consistently. It will show the site tried to spam me dozens of times in one minute. This has been going on all day.

This morning, when I noticed it was happening, I tried to open the app but my password wouldn't work, but I was able to logon through my IP on my computer and change the password. I've modified all my wifi passwords and my router login.

Is there anyway to stop the repeated attempts or is this just going to keep happening?

Message 1 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Repeated Spam Attempts

Netgear has set up a community forum specifically for the Nighthawk App product. Most of the people who watch that forum are more likely to have experience with Nighthawk App and know how to work it better than those of us who follow this "general router" forum. Might be more likely to find someone who has a solution if the question is posted there:
https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-App/bd-p/en-home-networking-apps

If you use Armor, you may want to post over in the Armor forum:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/NETGEAR-Armor/bd-p/en-home-armor

Good Luck.

Message 2 of 7
Grafixmac
Tutor

Thank you

Message 3 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

👍

Message 4 of 7

Message 5 of 7
Grafixmac
Tutor

Each of these conversations were created by me and each one has responses pointing back to each other. I was told the this one I posted in was not the right place so I posted there. I have looked extensively for other threads to solve this problem to no avail.

Message 6 of 7

@Grafixmac wrote:

Each of these conversations were created by me and each one has responses pointing back to each other. I was told the this one I posted in was not the right place so I posted there. I have looked extensively for other threads to solve this problem to no avail.

Not a problem. (This place is a mess which is why people get lost.) I just wanted to join the dots.

I haven't seen this sort of problem raised here before, which may explain your failure to find anything helpful.

But, as I said, my take is that this isn't really a router issue. It is just the purveyor of bad news.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7