• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Follower

Replacing a N600 with a Nighthawk AC1750

I recently purchased a Nighthawk AC1750 to replace my Netgear N600.  I'm concerned that I may have chosen the incorrect replacement.

I don't understand why I should use my iPhone or mobile phone to download the Nighthawk app.

If I remember correctly, before with the Netgear N600, I didn't have to download any software to get the N600 to work.  I simply connected my Spectrum device to the N600 and from there I could connect my various laptops with the proper password.

Also, will the Nighthawk AC1750 connect with my various laptops that have a Wi-Fi capability?

Please advise.

spooky07

Message 1 of 3
Highlighted
Guru

Re: Replacing a N600 with a Nighthawk AC1750

You don't have to use the app to set it up. you can use the browser. 

go to netgear.com/support/   type in your actual model number (ac1750 is a speed, not a model). It'll take you to the install guide, the manual, and firmware. 

CAX80->GS716v2->RBR50->RBS50-RBS40V-RBS50Y
Message 2 of 3
Highlighted

Re: Replacing a N600 with a Nighthawk AC1750

@spooky07 wrote:

I recently purchased a Nighthawk AC1750 to replace my Netgear N600. 

AC1750 is not a reliable guide to model number. Many devices come with an AC tag, but it is essentially a label that Netgear, and other brands, attach to hardware to describe wifi speeds.

For an easy life, set the wifi passwords and SSID on this new device to be the same as they were on whatever it replaces.

If you visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

you can feed in your model number and find the documentation for your hardware.

It will also have any firmware and drivers for your device.

Look for the model number on the label on the device.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 3