Resolve issue of Network Map Win 8.1

erickson
Novice

Resolve issue of Network Map Win 8.1

After many tweak and troubleshooting my Netgear Genie app, I have come up with an easy solution open Network and sharing center, Click (Change advanced Sharing settings) Turn on your network Discovery on private and Guest or Public Profile. re-open Netgear Genie wait for the Network map to load.
Message 1 of 5
Fairytail
Virtuoso

Re: Resolve issue of Network Map Win 8.1

What issue you have encountered that this work around has resolved?
Message 2 of 5
gilbertramirezp
Aspirant

I assume we are talking about the network map. When I start genie on my 8.1 tablet the map never loads. it just stays scanning. my other 8.1 is fine as are my ios devices. This work around didn't work for me.
Message 3 of 5
gilbertramirezp
Aspirant

I have a dell venue pro 11 running win 8.1, I have an asus laptop running 8.1, I have several iphones 5, 5S and ipad 2, everything but the tablet can not access the network map. the tablet just keeps scanning with the genie app.
Everything including my WNDR4500 is up to date with firmware and software. I run windows defender and firewall. I wish this app would work and get my map.
Message 4 of 5
tchase
Aspirant

The network map was working just fine on my ipad and now it just shows my tablet, PC and internet "globe." I have tried the work- arounds posted here but could not locate the "Network Discovery" to turn "on" mentioned in previous thread. I called support and since I am over my 90 days it was going to cost me. Does any one have any answers how to get the network map working as it did?
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E