Restart to regain internet access

mikeflener
Follower

Restart to regain internet access

Every day, no specific time, I must reboot my router because I cannot access the internet. I have no problems with router connection to users. What could be causing this? It is quite annoying. I didn't have a problem like this until I purchased this router.

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 5
FURRYe38
Guru

Re: Restart to regain internet access

What ISP Service do you have? Cable or DSL?
What ISP Modem Mfr. and model # do you have?

Any other wireless neighbors near by? If so, how many and what channels are they using? 

@mikeflenerwrote:

Every day, no specific time, I must reboot my router because I cannot access the internet. I have no problems with router connection to users. What could be causing this? It is quite annoying. I didn't have a problem like this until I purchased this router.

My Setup Internet Cable 1000↓/50↑ CAX80 Mode Mode | ISP SparkLight | Wifi Router Orbi CBR752 v4.6.7.7(Gateway Mode), Wired BackhaulSwitches Netgear GS105/8 | 

Additional NG HW: C7800/CM1100/CM1200/CM2000, Orbi CBK40, CBR750, RBK953(v6.0.3.68) & XR450(v130), RBK853 v4.6.7.5(AP) & RBK752 v4.6.7.5, RBK50(v23), SXK30(v110), R7000(v34), R7800(v84), R7960P(v84), RAXE500(v78), EX7500/EX7700, GS308v3 and WNHDE111

Testing

Message 2 of 5
LarryKanaster
Aspirant

I am having the same problem and have been working with customer service via e-mail to try to resolve it.  My modem is an Arris TM 822G and my router is wired to two computers and I use a wireless HP printer.  I have had no other issues with the router other than having to turn it on/off every couple of days to gain access to the internet.  When the problem occurs my computer (systems) shows that I have a good internet connection (but I don't!).  One response from customer service suggested I try to change the wireless channel.  I do not know why.  I went to the site www.routerlogin.net/basicsetting.htm, then the 'basic' prompt.  I changed the 2.4GHz setting to 11, as suggested, and the 5GHz seeting to 153.  There were two 5GHz settings but one was on 43 and would only go to 48 at the highest.  This I did not change.  After two days the problem returned and the only way to correct it was to turn the router off/on.

I am still working with customer service in the hope that a solution will be found.

Model: R7900|Nighthawk X6 AC3000 Tri-Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 5

I have the same issues but not daily. It is very annoying. I have Frontier Fios and i bypassed it's provided router and use this piece of junk in front. When it works, it's great but when i lose connection to the internet, it's really not acceptable. It's not wifi because my wired connection can't access the internet too. The lights on the thing shows white color which means it thinks it has connection but it really doesn't. The only solution is to reboot the piece of junk. Calling tech support is useless. They just keep repeating the same statements like they're reading off from some script. Where are the actual technical guys who can provide any valuable insights? They're no where to be found. Not sure if netgear is listening but there's tons of people who are complaining about this but no one seems to want to do anything about it.  I read about downgrading to a 1.1.85xxx version fixes the issue i think but who knows what kind of vulnerabilities i will have for using such an old firmware. For an expensive piece of junk, i really expect more from this company. Another thing i noticed is sometimes my internet speed that's rated 50/50 is cut in half when i do a speedtest. I noticed the slowdown during regular surfing so i would normally run a speedtest and find this out.  Again the solution is rebooting the router.  If i were you, don't buy this POS if they don't get their act together. 

Model: R7900P|Nighthawk X6S Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 4 of 5

btw, the firmware supposedly that works is V1.1.4.6_1.1.85. 

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E