Highlighted
Initiate

Ring Video Doorbell Pro Dropped from Wifi Can't Reconnect

All,

I have had a Ring Video Doorbell Pro installed and working for a few weeks now, but yesterday afternoon around 4:45pm EST, it lost connection to my Wifi and cannot reconnect.  I've called Ring support, but I've noticed some posts on reddit about other R7000 users also losing connection around that same time so I thought I'd post here as well to see if this might be a larger issue?

I upgraded to latest firmware as of yesterday evening -- can't recall what I was at beforehand.

Please let me know if you are experiencing same issue and if you have successfully managed to reconnect to Wifi if you lost connection.

thank you!

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Re: Ring Video Doorbell Pro Dropped from Wifi Can't Reconnect

Same problem here. I've tried about everything I can think of to no avail.

Spent 2 hours on the phone with ring level 2 support. Got the ring to connect to my phone's hotspot and got the firmware to update. Then I tried connecting to my r7500v2 and it would connect to the network, but something was blocking communication to the ring servers.
Message 2 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Got it working tonight after being unable to use the ring pro for a month.  I ended up taking a backup of my settings and doing a factory reset.  I then changed my SSIDs and network passwords from the default to what it was before the reset...so all settings on the router were stock.  Then I went through the setup process with the doorbell and it connected.  Now I'm slowly changing settings back to what they were before to see what (if anything) causes it to drop off the network.

Message 3 of 5
Highlighted
Aspirant

Same problem here. Did anyone else reset router to defaults and it fix door?
Message 4 of 5
Highlighted
Initiate

I ended up returning the Ring Doorbell Pro.  

I realized that I was always going to be a 'bad firmware' update away from having to uninstall and reinstall replacement products from Ring.  

It's 2017, there should never be an instance where any firmware update makes a product that is completely dependant on a solid wireless connection lose its ability to connect.  Ugh

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements