Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Roku 2 won't connect to Nighthawk AC1900 R7000

mstrobbe
Aspirant

Roku 2 won't connect to Nighthawk AC1900 R7000

Recently purchased a Roku 2 and while trying to setup it locates wireless network but is unable to connect saying "Can't connect to your wireless network."  I have checked the wireless password and it is entered correct and also went to the Roku settings and set it to disable ping as I have seen many suggestions to do that, still nothing works.  Looking for any suggestions before I take the Roku back?

Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
mstrobbe
Aspirant

Re: Roku 2 won't connect to Nighthawk AC1900 R7000

After spending several hours talking to Roku and Netgear with no solution, I tried switching my HDMI cables and it worked. Not sure what the issue is but it's fixed. For me the HDMI cables from Walmart did not work only cables that I got from the cable company that said on them "High Speed HDMI" worked.

View solution in original post

Message 3 of 3

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @mstrobbe

Welcome to the community!

Make sure that this isn't a distance problem.

Do you have any other device that can connect to the router wirelessly?

See if this steps will help.

Message 2 of 3
mstrobbe
Aspirant

After spending several hours talking to Roku and Netgear with no solution, I tried switching my HDMI cables and it worked. Not sure what the issue is but it's fixed. For me the HDMI cables from Walmart did not work only cables that I got from the cable company that said on them "High Speed HDMI" worked.
Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7