Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Roku devices not connecting to the internet

dnance
Aspirant

Roku devices not connecting to the internet

I just purchased a R7000P nighthawk that got good reviews on Amazon. My Roku devices (Roku 2 amd Roku Express) will connect fine to the wireless however none of my Roku devices will connect to the internet.

I have seen posts related to Roku not being able to handle the internal DNS server (192.168.1.1) and various wireless encryptions. I was previously using a Netgear WNDR3700 that the Roku's have no problem at all utilizing (the 3700 also serves up the internal ip as dns). Various PC's and tablets have no problem with either netgear model.   

I should also mention I'm on the latest firmware. (1.3.0.8)

Anyone run into this?

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Router with MU-MIMO
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
rakeshser
Initiate

Try Changing the channle Settings to channal 11 . Check the router firmware update of your router. Adjust Your router Dns Settings Or Ask Your Internet Service Providor. For any other help refer to Fix Roku Internet Problem . See if this helps you fix the problem with your roku.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
rakeshser
Initiate

Try Changing the channle Settings to channal 11 . Check the router firmware update of your router. Adjust Your router Dns Settings Or Ask Your Internet Service Providor. For any other help refer to Fix Roku Internet Problem . See if this helps you fix the problem with your roku.

Message 2 of 3
dnance
Aspirant

Channel 11 was the fix! (go figure)

Thanks! 

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation