Router Becomes Unresponsive after a Few Days

AtariST
Follower

Router Becomes Unresponsive after a Few Days

After about a week, my router becomes unresponsive. I notice that I cannot connect to the Internet, so I try to log in. I cannot connect by wireless or direct, wired connection so i have to pull the power. After that, it works great for another week.

I am running the latest firmware, but this has been going on for the last 3 or 4 firmware revisions. I had not made any changes prior to this happening and it had been working great for years. Over time I have reset to factory and configured as little as possible. The only custom config I can think of is using Google DNS, but I don't see how that could matter when I try to log in directly to the 192.168 address.

No device, Mac, PC, phone will connect.

Thanks

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2
myersw
Master

Re: Router Becomes Unresponsive after a Few Days

If you look around on the forums here you will find you are not alone. Recent firmware versions have all been crap with issues like you describe. Some don't get a week before having to take action. There are some that say one of the older, prior to the security fixes, works. I do not know the version number, but am sure that you can find it if you look around at other r8000 threads. 

IMHO if it is still within the return window I would get something else like the 2 in my sig. They both work. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E