Router Dropping Internet Connection

dumbdumb
Aspirant

Router Dropping Internet Connection

Good afternoon we purchased this router 9/17 it has worked fine until a month ago and has gotten progressively worse. The problem is dropping wifi to all devices (ie apple desk top, i phones, tv when streaming movies,==== states insufficent broad band) We reboot the router and it reconnects. sometimes once a day,sometimes 5 times. we have loaded the lastest version of firmware/software had spectrum in to verifi good signal at the modem.and disconnected the cable (r6) downstairs.Any idea`s or should i show it the heavy end of a ballpeen and buy a new one.Thanks Jay

Message 1 of 6
microchip8
Master

Re: Router Dropping Internet Connection

which model please?

which firmware version? ("the latest" is not a version)

have you done a full factory reset and manually entered the settings?

Routing: NETGEAR R7800 - Voxel Firmware 1.0.2.86SF & Kamoj addon
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400 - Cruncher: Intel Core i5-7400
Message 2 of 6
dumbdumb
Aspirant

microchips8 thanks for your quick reply. router model is r7000 nighthawk and version i installed is 1.0.9.60. I have have not manually entered settings, not sure how to but i will work it

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 3 of 6
myersw
Master

Loading latest firmware may not have been a good thing to do. Netgear is having really hard time to put out firmware without issues. 

I personally would fall back to previous working firmware and set it out until, MAYBE never, Netgear gets their act together. Sold my r8000 and r8000p due to firmware issues and moved on to something else from a different vendor. 

--Bill
ISP Comcast, Modem-Netgear CM1150V, Router-Unifi Security Gateway-Pro4, AP-2 Unifi AP-LR
Tesla > Edison
Message 4 of 6
microchip8
Master

Go to http://192.168.1.1 using a wired computer, put in user/password and look in the Advanced settings for Factory Reset or Erase

Also what @myersw said is valid. The last few firmware releases for the R7000 have a lot of issues. Might wanna load a version or two older firmware

Routing: NETGEAR R7800 - Voxel Firmware 1.0.2.86SF & Kamoj addon
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400 - Cruncher: Intel Core i5-7400
Message 5 of 6
dumbdumb
Aspirant

Thanks for your help I`ll try it Jay

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements