Re: Router Nighthawk X4S AC2600 R7800. Have no internet connection. Local resources are available.

Supernova989
Aspirant

Router Nighthawk X4S AC2600 R7800. Have no internet connection. Local resources are available.

Hello everyone. My issue is that my router (Nighthawk X4S AC2600) can see the settings which come from my ISP (IP address, DNS, mask etc), but I cant open any Internet resource. At the same time all local resources  (ISP's local torrent and its web page) are available. I used pinging ISP's servers and all's fine with it. Pinging external web resources gives me 100% data loss. Firmware is 1.0.2.36. My old router (Zyxel) have no problem with sharing the internet with phones, TV and laptop and PC. And one more thing is that the router is reachable from the internet when I'm trying to set it remotely. I use L2tp or pptp

Spent 5 houres to solve it and still unsuccessfuly

Message 1 of 3
supermarco
Tutor

Re: Router Nighthawk X4S AC2600 R7800. Have no internet connection. Local resources are available.

Have you tried a factory reset and disabling the firewall? Is the router set as a router/AP mode or bridge?

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 2 of 3
Supernova989
Aspirant

Yes, I tried everything. It's in the router mode. Actually, I solved the problem partly. What I noticed is that my IP address was empty (consequenly, gateway address was blank as well). So I copied what I received in connection status to my manual settings and that's it! I dont know why but somehow my router was not trying to use settings and connection info so I had to reinsert everything.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements