Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router Rebooting

jt1520
Follower

Router Rebooting

I have a Netgear AC1750  R6400 v2   wifi router.    For the past 6 months or so    when downloading large files, (over 500mb or so) the router will reboot itself, then resume operation.     It may reboot itself several times before the file finishes.     I've checked to see if the firmware version is up to date and it is.

Any recommendations would be appreciated.     Is this a sign that the router is going out?  Thanks!!     James.

Model: R6400|AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
nickp221
Apprentice

NetGear is just trash, their firmware is trash, it won't ever get better. Sorry, I've got a $400 Nighthawk and it's a huge POS also. Upgrade to a new wifi 6 router, go with any brand except NetGear.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
nickp221
Apprentice

NetGear is just trash, their firmware is trash, it won't ever get better. Sorry, I've got a $400 Nighthawk and it's a huge POS also. Upgrade to a new wifi 6 router, go with any brand except NetGear.
Message 2 of 4
DarrenM
Sr. NETGEAR Moderator

It could be the router is overheating when putting a large load on it. Do you have it out in an open area so it can get good airflow?

DarrenM

Message 3 of 4
varoujs
Initiate

I have the same problem. Called twice, nothing was resolved. Went and bought a $60 T-link router and I do not have any more problems. I told the technician on the phone that I think its overheating and yes its out in the open. She wanted me to sign up for $49 on-time support to help be diagnose it, which I refused.  I still have warrenty on the hardware but no support calls apparently. 

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7