Router Schedule Wifi Block

dizzydevil
Luminary

Router Schedule Wifi Block

I'm new to the Netgear GUI and didn't see anything like this in the search's. Hopefully someone can point me in the right direction here.

My children have their own laptops and I'm looking for a way to only block their MAC address on a schedule. For example, at 7pm, the router will no longer allow them internet access. Looking through the router, it looks like I can put the radio's on a schedule or services but not the actual machines. Is this possible on this product?
Message 1 of 6
Xcellers
Luminary

Re: Router Schedule Wifi Block

Sadly not, it is an all or nothing approach, you could try contacting customer services to request this feature, but it would likely take a lot of time to fully implement
Message 2 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

I believe you can setup a block all traffic rule for a IP address or addresses. Use address reservations to be sure their devices are assigned same IP. Then setup a rule for each and use schedule to control times.
Message 3 of 6
therealroland
Luminary

the blocking of connections is very limited. It's possible to setup one schedule, which then can be assigned to a subset of ip addresses.

My older DLINK DIR-655 allowed for multiple schedules, which could then be assigned to the devices for one kid, but not the other (age difference, so different bed-times...)

I do miss that functionality - but the gains of using the R7000 so far outweigh going back to using the DIR-655.
Message 4 of 6
dizzydevil
Luminary

Thank you for the info. I'll try setting it up and see if it works.
Message 5 of 6
Fairytail
Virtuoso

You can try live parental control feature of NETGEAR.

http://www.netgear.com/lpc#
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E