Router Settings/Admin Page will not load

Hoosier404
Aspirant

Router Settings/Admin Page will not load

I am able to access the internet fine and ping the router but cannot access the routers settings/ admin page either through the ip or actual word address.

I rebooted the router which did nothing.

The only thing that happened since last logging into it was today when my son said he tried to login to the router but kept getting an error that the userid/pwd was wrong.

Now, I cannot even get the user login/pwd to come up and when it did once I know I put in the right info and it said it was wrong.

Any ideas what has happened ? Is there such a thing as an admin lockout for entering the wrong userid/pwd too many times ?

I do not want to do a hard reset as there were specific configurations that were manually entered by the tech that installed it that I am not privy to.

Any help besides this is much appreciated.

Thanks.
Message 1 of 7
networking
Aspirant

Re: Router Settings/Admin Page will not load

Are you saying that someone else configured your router and you don't know the settings? So they could have remote management turned on and have access to the router whenever they want? They might have vpn enabled and connect to your internal network and/or internet connection?
Message 2 of 7
Hoosier404
Aspirant

Yes someone else configured my new router and I do know the password to get in as I probably go in once a week to it. I also doubt that this person is remotely going into it.

The issue is I cannot get the page to pop with the login/pwd even though I can ping the 192.168.0.1 location and the internet works fine.

Any ideas ? Thanks.
Message 3 of 7
jmizoguchi
Virtuoso

Probably the best suggestion is to reset the router at this point.

Router will not lock out for set time if you have enter wrong credential.
VPN Case Study

VPNCASESTUDY.COM

"Our Second To None VPN Related Setup Case Study[/COLOR][/URL]

"One Stop Solution To Your Netgear VPN Connectivity"

*Visit the site for Non-VPN related Doc & Links* [Windows & Mac user/support]

June Mizoguchi-
Message 4 of 7
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Does anybody know what behavior is exhibited when router admin access is restricted to certain IP addresses?

Is it possible the unnamed technician configured an access restriction, locking the OP out of his router?

@Hoosier404,

Unfortunately, I agree with June. At this point, it appears your only recourse is to reset the router to factory defaults.
Message 5 of 7
networking
Aspirant

Hoosier404 wrote:
Yes someone else configured my new router and I do know the password to get in as I probably go in once a week to it. I also doubt that this person is remotely going into it.

The issue is I cannot get the page to pop with the login/pwd even though I can ping the 192.168.0.1 location and the internet works fine.

Any ideas ? Thanks.

I had a similar situation with the r7000 and it turned out the problem was my browser. whenever I would go to the IP address, instead of getting a login prompt, it said my login was incorrect or something like that I think. try using a different web browser and see what happens.
Message 6 of 7
RogerSC
Virtuoso

networking wrote:
I had a similar situation with the r7000 and it turned out the problem was my browser. whenever I would go to the IP address, instead of getting a login prompt, it said my login was incorrect or something like that I think. try using a different web browser and see what happens.

Or try dumping your browser cache and restarting it. That can sometimes help clear up GUI problems.
Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E