Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router Stopped working mid instillation

Wintertiger
Initiate

Router Stopped working mid instillation

I was attempting to install my router, and it died while I was trying to connect the router to the internet. I'm in an apartment in Europe and had to use a pluge adapter for the AC adapter for the router since it was made for the pluge sockets in the US. My router was working fine at first. Then as I was trying to get my router to connect to the internet, it died suddenly. None of the lights will turn on now, and un-pluging then re-pluging everything didn't work. Changing electrical sockets did not work either, nor did turning the router on and off. I do not have the tools to check if the problem is with the motherboard or with the AC adapter. This is a brand new router that has never been used before that I bought before flying over to Europe. Either it got damaged during the trip, or the problem lies with the AC adapter or the motherboard.

Model: R6260|AC1600 Smart WiFi Router Dual Band Gigabit
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
Kitsap
Master

Re: Router Stopped working mid instillation

If you download the manual from the downloads section above and look at the technical specifications section, it shows the power adapter for North America is rated at 120V 60 Hz input.  There is a good chance the power provided from the wall outlet in your apartment in Europe does not match.  As such, your power adapter did not survive the transition.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
Kitsap
Master

If you download the manual from the downloads section above and look at the technical specifications section, it shows the power adapter for North America is rated at 120V 60 Hz input.  There is a good chance the power provided from the wall outlet in your apartment in Europe does not match.  As such, your power adapter did not survive the transition.

Message 2 of 5
plemans
Guru

Like @Kitsap says you might have fried the power supply as its different voltage. 

You can try replacing the power supply. Maybe it only took out the supply and the router *might* still work. 

Just make sure to get a power supply that has the same voltage and polarity output. (get the proper input for your area). It can have a higher amperage but not lower. 

Message 3 of 5
Wintertiger
Initiate

Thanks, I went to see if the router still works and it was as you had said. The router still works and I'm using a power cord that matches the power outlet.

Message 4 of 5
plemans
Guru

Glad to hear it was just the supply

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements