Re: Router X10 R9000 started reboot randomly after firmware upgrade to V1.0.5.8

ascernas
Guide

Router X10 R9000 started reboot randomly after firmware upgrade to V1.0.5.8

I upgraded my router X10 R9000 to firmware version V1.0.5.8 yesteday and since then has been 2 ramdom reboots with no reason. 

+I dont have QoS enable prior or after the upgrade. BTW. QoS is not longer starting. Keeps failing after upgrade.

+I have not tried Factory Reset as this was not happening prior to the upgrade. It happened when I had QoS enabled, but I disabled when I realized Netgear did not care about that issue.

Does anyone else has faced this issue after upgrade? Can someone help?

Model: R9000|Nighthawk X10 AD7200 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9

I have noticed qos fails every time I try and start it. No reboots yet.... you're sure its rebooting and not just dropping connection?
Message 2 of 9
billmy1228
Guide

My trouble shooting is to look at what was done prior to the issue. In this case a new firmware install. Some folks have luck after an update by doing a reset and reconfiguration of the router. If that does not fix then I would suggest falling back to previous version that was working. Netgear firmware engineers do not seem to have proper oversite and testing before a new version is released. There are some issues that are over a year old in current firmware. 

Message 3 of 9
spd2612
Apprentice

Yes it also breaks your ready share permissions if you have one connected to a USB port

Message 4 of 9
ascernas
Guide

Hi,

I am sure its a reboot becuase I saw phisically when all the light went off and started the booting process. I happened twice that day and so far hasnt happened anymore. First thing I stopped doing was trying to enable QoS as I tried like 10 times that day.

Message 5 of 9
ascernas
Guide

Hi,

Its interesting becuase I use ready share to upload files to my plex server and its working fine. I havent encounter any error so far

Message 6 of 9
spd2612
Apprentice

Try to create a new folder and use it you wont be able to access it from windows
I can access my existing folders just not the sub folders
Message 7 of 9
nbakken81
Aspirant

Same thing going on with me, only even more extreme. After upgrade, the router cannot make it through a complete boot cycle without restarting the boot process about 95% of the time. I finally was able to downgrade the firmware during one of the brief 5% boots, and the problem went away. Everything seemed to be back to normal, and after tweaking some settings, I did a manual reboot from within the 192.168.1.1 framework, and it's started all over again. I don't know why, and I haven't been able to even check what firmware is installed because again it hasn't made it thru a complete boot cycle to the point where I can access it's webpage.

I did see somewhere the their is a Beta hotfix firmware V1.0.5.12. Does anyone know if this fixes the issue? Or is there another stable upgraded firmware I need to get installed somehow?
Message 8 of 9
Ymryl
Aspirant

I had the exact same issues with the USB drive disconnecting, unable to see inside some folders (which was scary), random reboots, and VPN drops.

I first flashed to 1.0.5.12 because I was not sure what I had prior to 1.0.5.8.  I then tried a factory reset.  The random reboots slowed (but did not vanish completely).  I was able to get the USB drive working but was still unable to see inside of some of the folders (which was REALLY scary as one of them contains many videos which had not been backed up otherwise).  Unfortunately, the VPN drops continued and this is a game breaker for me as I work out of the house and rely on VPN to do my job.

Tonight I flashed to 1.0.5.2. Once the USB drive was recognized I was able to see inside of the folders which were previously inaccesible (thank god).  They are now backing up to OneDrive just in case.  No reboots, VPN seems stable again.

So, long story short, stick with 1.0.5.2 until the Netgear folks can put out something newer that actually works.

Message 9 of 9
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 6 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E