23 * * * Request timed out.

24 * * * Request timed out.

25 * * * Request timed out.

26 * * * Request timed out.

27 * * * Request timed out.

28 * * * Request timed out.

29 * * * Request timed out.

30 * * * Request timed out.

Really at a total loss here. My ISP is saying it's not them. I cannot contact Netgear support and really need this for work. I have done a factory reset on the router and verified that the website in question is only down for devices on my home network. Does anyone have any ideas for how I can get this unstuck?

Model: R6080|AC1000 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: Router blocking important website for WFM

Is this the R6080 listed in your footer? What firmware do you have on it and what is the modem/gateway, if there is one, in front of it?

Be warned that the R6080 is pretty well the cheapest and least capable router that Netgear makes.

You might find it hard to believe it in these gigabit days, but according to Netgear's manual for this device, not always the most reliable source of information, the LAN and WAN support only 10BASE-T or 100BASE-TX. That makes it slower than many newer internet services and most modern network hardware. This may not matter to you, but be warned that it will hobble you if you ever sign up for faster Internet. It also slows down whatever is going on in your local network. Newer devices support 1000BASE-TX.

Nothing wrong with it being old, just don't expect too much.

this isn't even the right place to ask for help with this device. You have posted your message in the section of this community given over to Nighthawk WiFi Routers. (This is easily done, given Netgear's complicated community structure.)

Many questions apply to different types of device, so there may be useful responses here, but you might get more help, and find earlier questions and answers specific to your device, in the appropriate section for your hardware. That's probably here:

General WiFi Routers (Non-Nighthawk) - NETGEAR Communities

In the meantime you could visit the support pages:

Support | NETGEAR

Feed in your model number and check the documentation for your hardware. Look at the label on the device for the model number.

You may have done this already. I can't tell from your message.

I mention it because Netgear stopped supplying printed manuals and CD versions some years ago and people sometimes miss the downloads.

Message 2 of 4
voxmanns
Aspirant

Hey Michael! Really awesome comment - very much appreciated and good information all around. In all honesty, I need to get a better router either way. My 500 sqft radius is just a little too small for the house. A 750 or 1000 would do me way better. Hearing that it's a bit of bottleneck on speed too makes it all the more decisive. 

I did some extensive testing with my ISP and they said it appears as though the connection is getting lost in an AWS server beyond their network - meaning it's likely a server issue on the website's side and not with my network. I have a ticket open with the website provider now and if they come back and conclusively say nah then I will make sure to get the post under the right subforum so it's more appropriately organized.

Thanks again for your awesome comment!

Message 3 of 4

@voxmanns wrote:

I did some extensive testing with my ISP and they said it appears as though the connection is getting lost in an AWS server beyond their network - meaning it's likely a server issue on the website's side and not with my network. I have a ticket open with the website provider now and if they come back and conclusively say nah then I will make sure to get the post under the right subforum so it's more appropriately organized.

One option might be to use a different Domain Name Server.

Best free, public DNS servers in 2021: Boost your internet speed with these services | TechRadar

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7