Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router can't detect internet from my new Modem

Ziiar
Follower

Router can't detect internet from my new Modem

My current setup involves an XFinity gateway router connected to a Netgear R6700AX – AX1800. This setup has no problems. I am trying to remove the XFinity gateway from the equation and replace it with a Arris Surfboard SB8200. When I install the new modem I can hardwire a computer to it and I get flawless internet. However when I try to connect the Surfboard to the Netgear router, the router can’t detect any internet connection. The internet LED is red, while the other lights are green. I have tried a factory reset on the Netgear and run the setup from scratch but setup fails because it still can’t detect the internet. I have reconnected the XFinity gateway and now everything is fine again. All firmware is up to date and the Surfboard is definitely getting internet. Does anyone know why the Netgear can’t detect the internet from it?

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions

Re: Router can't detect internet from my new Modem

Greetings,

See my reply in this thread.  Follow steps 1, 2, 3 and let us know if it helps.  

Re: Netgear Nighthawk AX12 Wifi 6 "Internet : Hors... - NETGEAR Communities

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies

Greetings,

See my reply in this thread.  Follow steps 1, 2, 3 and let us know if it helps.  

Re: Netgear Nighthawk AX12 Wifi 6 "Internet : Hors... - NETGEAR Communities

Message 2 of 4

@Ziiar wrote: I have tried a factory reset on the Netgear and run the setup from scratch but setup fails because it still can’t detect the internet. I have reconnected the XFinity gateway and now everything is fine again.

Did your juggling with devices follow the strict order in which you have to do things?

Be sure to restart your network in this sequence:

• Turn off and unplug modem.
  • Turn off router and computers.
  • Plug in and turn on modem. Wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on the router and wait 2 minutes for it to connect.
  • Turn on computers and rest of network.

Do this after you have reset the R6700.

Message 3 of 4

@Ziiar 

Glad my solution worked.

Regards Smiley Happy  

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation