Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Router connects to the internet, but as soon as I connect any device is disconnects

meezy
Aspirant

Router connects to the internet, but as soon as I connect any device is disconnects

Hello.

I am having a frustrating time setting up my router.  One day my old router died, it was a WNR2000, I couldn't get an internet signal or anything.  So I decided to upgrade and buy the r7000.   I have vivint wireless internet by the way, so I do not have a Modem.  There is a POE injector that runs to my house that the internet plugs into and then you run a cable from that to the router.  Anyway. I got the router plugged in and set up everything was going fine until....  I tried to connect a device to the internet.  wired or wireless.  As soon as it connected to the router the internet light would go off and become very intermittent.  I would only get a few seconds of connectivity.   

I contacted the ISP and they think there might be a problem with the "HUB" home's radio that would cause the problem, however I can "bypass" the router and directly connect to the internet with no problems.   This leaves me to believe its something to do with my computers or the router itself.

I've tried numerous things from switching cabels, to renewing my ip address and resetting my internet settings but to no avail.

I still get disconnected constantly.  They ISP won't be out to look at the outside radio for at least 2 more days, but I have a suspicion it's not that.  It's almost like my ISP is blocking me from connecting.  HELP!! I am at wit's end!

Model: R7000|AC1900 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
meezy
Aspirant

Re: Router connects to the internet, but as soon as I connect any device is disconnects

Problem solved..   I took the router back and got a Linksys.   Come to find out Nighthawk routers do not work with Vivints technology.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

Hi meezy,

Did the WNR2000 have the same setup as the R7000? 

What is the firmware version of the router?

Message 2 of 5
meezy
Aspirant

As far as I can tell all the settings that were on the old router are the exact same as the new r7000 router. The only difference is this ready share thing that I have nothing in to share. I've even tried using the old routers MAC address on the new router with no luck.
Message 3 of 5
meezy
Aspirant

Forgot to mention I have the mist recent firmware for the r7000 router. I managed to download and install it manually from another unaffiliated computer. It did the same thing with either firmware versions.
Message 4 of 5
meezy
Aspirant

Problem solved..   I took the router back and got a Linksys.   Come to find out Nighthawk routers do not work with Vivints technology.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7