Re: Router crashed after updating firmware, wont fully reboot, just a single flashing light, R7000

xIceman216x
Initiate

Router crashed after updating firmware, wont fully reboot, just a single flashing light, R7000

I updated the firmware , the router crashed , it wont reboot or connect to the web, I just get a single flashing light.

Message 1 of 7
sktn77a
Virtuoso

Re: Router crashed after updating firmware, wont fully reboot, just a single flashing light, R7000

Firmware version (old and new)?  Did you try a hard reset?

Keith

(2xWNR2000, 3xWNCE2001, FWAG114, FS116, GS116, 6xR7000, EX7000)
Message 2 of 7
VE6CGX
Master

Which light that could be? single light has no meaning for trouble-shooting.  Is it power indicator light? Is it flashing? And how did router crash? something happened during flashing process like power was interrupted? Or flashing did not go to completion?

Message 3 of 7
xIceman216x
Initiate

I bricked the router, by updating it over Wifi, it only has the power light flashing in one second intervals , it's flashing white. The router will not ping at all.

Message 4 of 7
sktn77a
Virtuoso

With the router on, did you press and hold the reset button with the end of a paperclip?
Keith

(2xWNR2000, 3xWNCE2001, FWAG114, FS116, GS116, 6xR7000, EX7000)
Message 5 of 7
Monalrules
Star

Message 6 of 7
Monalrules
Star

Is it working now!!

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E