Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router login troubles R7000

ex0dusk3
Aspirant

Router login troubles R7000

Hello, I just got my Nighthawk router and plugged it in and connected my desktop PC via ethernet to the router.

Well, I tried everything from:

routerlogin.net

routerlogin.com

and NONE of them worked on my computer.

I was getting frustrated as I released and renewed my IP and restarted my computer, modem and router >  even factory reset the router twice and still wouldnt let me login to the router.

I pulled out my laptop and plugged it in via ethernet and wah-la, I got logged in using 'routerlogin.net'.

I then found an IP address, which is weird and not sure where it came from for the router but I tried it on my desktop and it let me log in.  The IP is similar to this (but not exact as  I am not sure whether it's a public IP or not.)

http://73.51.***.*** 

That IP let me log in from my desktop.   

So my question is this, why do I have to use that IP on my desktop but not on other computers?   Not really sure what's going on on my desktop to cause that.

I do have my IP set static as well using the normal 192.168.1.*** and everything..

****EDIT***

The 73 ip is my public IP address..  I just ran whatismyip and that's what came up.

Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
ex0dusk3
Aspirant

Re: Router login troubles R7000

I can't edit my previous post anymore otherwise I would have.

I got it fixed.  Not sure exactly what it was but I reset Windows completly and now I can log in to the router from my desktop PC now.

I guess some settings or something where messed up.

View solution in original post

Message 6 of 6

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Your router could be running in AP mode. Do a factory reset and routerlogin.net should work.
Message 2 of 6
Voytle
Aspirant

I'm a dummy, what is AP mode?

Message 3 of 6
TheEther
Guru

AP stands for Access Point. It's the part of the router that provides Wi-Fi services. Many of the basic router functions are disabled when a router is running as an Access Point. The firewall separating the Internet and LAN ports as well as the DHCP server are disabled, among other things. 

I was speculating that your R7000 was set up to run only as an wireless Access Point. The reason why I suspected this was because you were able to connect to it using a public IP address. This is not definitive proof that of the router running in AP mode. But you can see for yourself by logging into the router and going to ADVANCED > Advanced Setup > Wireless AP. There, you will see whether AP mode is enabled.

Even if it's not enabled, a factory reset may be good medicine to clear out any potential funkiness going on with your router. Maybe you inadvertently purchased a customer return or a refurbished unit.  Or maybe you got a brand new unit that was not properly set to factory defaults at the manufacturer.

Message 4 of 6
ex0dusk3
Aspirant

I was getting frustrated as I released and renewed my IP and restarted my computer, modem and router >  even factory reset the router twice and still wouldnt let me login to the router.

From my original post.   I already tried factory reset twice.  Held the reset button the first time until the power light flashed and second time for a minute.

And it's only my computer that it's happening on.  Everyone else works fine even on wireless through my phone I can log in using the routerlogin.com

Message 5 of 6
ex0dusk3
Aspirant

I can't edit my previous post anymore otherwise I would have.

I got it fixed.  Not sure exactly what it was but I reset Windows completly and now I can log in to the router from my desktop PC now.

I guess some settings or something where messed up.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7