Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router night hawk R8000

Twohig44
Aspirant

Router night hawk R8000

My smart android Sony tv is having problems connecting to my netgear router R8000. Also some of my other android base gear is having problems as well. This is only happening since the last two updates. Frame ware up to date . Any one have any suggestions.
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
IrvSp
Master

Re: Router night hawk R8000

@Twohig44 wrote:
Thank you for answering but I am not a router tech but I have reset the router and reprogram to my network. The tv will not connect Wifi. When i connect cable the light still stays red instead of green. When it does connect for a few seconds it freezes a lot. Then disconnect. I have also replaced the router with a new one just Incase it was the router bothR8000

Well, you're going to have to give more info... settings could be a problem, and I can't see what you are so you'll have to be clear as to where, what page on Genie it is, and what if any errors you got.

What 'light' are you talking about, an LED? It I assume is an LED on the top of the router for the port # you connected the TV to... why would you think it would turn green? Should go to Support, enter R8000, go to Documents and get the MANUAL. From page 11 for the port LED's:

---------------

The LED color indicates the speed: white for Gigabit Ethernet connections and amber for 100 Mbps or 10 Mbps Ethernet connections.
• Solid. A powered-on device is connected to the Ethernet port.
• Blinking. The port is sending or receiving traffic.
• Off. No device is connected to this Ethernet port.

---------------

It isn't 'red' per se, but amber and you are using a CAT 5 100Mbps cable probably, or even a DAMAGED cable.

Not connecting Wifi, might be a security set on the router that the TV can't handle.

View solution in original post

Message 4 of 4

All Replies
IrvSp
Master

2 suggestions:

• Try going back to the F/W that did work and see if it still does.
  • Provide some useful information rather than vague "doesn't work". What bands, any errors you see/get? Security settings and channel settings, and if you've enabled logging does anything that might help appear in the log. Did you RESET the router after updating, all sort of stuff that would help you get an answer.
Message 2 of 4
Twohig44
Aspirant

Thank you for answering but I am not a router tech but I have reset the router and reprogram to my network. The tv will not connect Wifi. When i connect cable the light still stays red instead of green. When it does connect for a few seconds it freezes a lot. Then disconnect. I have also replaced the router with a new one just Incase it was the router bothR8000
Message 3 of 4
IrvSp
Master

@Twohig44 wrote:

Well, you're going to have to give more info... settings could be a problem, and I can't see what you are so you'll have to be clear as to where, what page on Genie it is, and what if any errors you got.

What 'light' are you talking about, an LED? It I assume is an LED on the top of the router for the port # you connected the TV to... why would you think it would turn green? Should go to Support, enter R8000, go to Documents and get the MANUAL. From page 11 for the port LED's:

---------------

The LED color indicates the speed: white for Gigabit Ethernet connections and amber for 100 Mbps or 10 Mbps Ethernet connections.
• Solid. A powered-on device is connected to the Ethernet port.
• Blinking. The port is sending or receiving traffic.
• Off. No device is connected to this Ethernet port.

---------------

It isn't 'red' per se, but amber and you are using a CAT 5 100Mbps cable probably, or even a DAMAGED cable.

Not connecting Wifi, might be a security set on the router that the TV can't handle.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7