Router powering light on but no other lights

Terorrizerrr
Tutor

Router powering light on but no other lights

I came back from my trip and during my trip my city was hit with a lightening storm that knocked out the power for about half a second. When I came home my WiFi network was down so I began to run basic troubleshooting on my router and nothing seemed to have fixed my issue. Currently my router just sits with only the power light on and occasionally the network light flashes on but nothing more than that. It seems like my router may be stuck in the power cycle for startup and can't get past it. Does anybody have any recommendations for what I should do?
Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Re: Router powering light on but no other lights

Lightning and electronics do not go well together. I lost on office load of electronics some time ago.

I assume that the modem is still behaving as expected. If so, the first thing to check is that the power supply to the router is still OK. The modem is, after all, sitting between the outside world and the router, so it should have intercepted any source on the phone line or whatever delivers your internet.

Have you reset the router? Just in case the shock scrambled its memory.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 4
Terorrizerrr
Tutor

I have tried resetting it but that seems not to work
Message 3 of 4

Try this:

• Press reset for 30 seconds
  • Keep pressing reset while removing power
  • Keep pressing reset for another 30 seconds while apply power

If that fails, then it may be time for a replacement.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements