Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Router sending signal but every device says no internet connection

BrewCrew34
Initiate

Router sending signal but every device says no internet connection

This morning I woke up to my phone, computer and other devices saying they were connected to my network but had no internet connection. I restarted the modem and router multiple times and the result is still the same. I tested to see if the modem was working by connecting it directly to my computer via an ethernet cable. The internet worked fine proving that it was the router having the issues. I also tried multiple different ethernet cables to see if that was the issue and it was not. There was a storm last night and into today so I thought that could maybe be the issue. But the internet worked fine when directly plugged into the modem so it doesn't seem to be that. I'm not sure what to do from here and hope someone can find me an answer. Thanks!
Model: A7000|Nighthawk AC1900 WiFi USB Adapter - USB 3.0, CM600|CM600 High Speed Cable Modem
Message 1 of 3

Accepted Solutions
BrewCrew34
Initiate

Re: Router sending signal but every device says no internet connection

I discovered the answer after more troubleshooting. I saw in my router settings that I had a static IP selected. I switched it to "get dynamically from ISP" and my internet worked instantly. I posted this reply to prevent people from helping me troubleshoot and to hopefully help someone in the future.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 3

All Replies
BrewCrew34
Initiate

I discovered the answer after more troubleshooting. I saw in my router settings that I had a static IP selected. I switched it to "get dynamically from ISP" and my internet worked instantly. I posted this reply to prevent people from helping me troubleshoot and to hopefully help someone in the future.
Message 2 of 3
myersw
Master

Do you know if this was after a firmware update? 

Maybe one during the night that changed this setting? 

Thanks for posting the fix as someone else may have the same thing.

Message 3 of 3
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 2 replies
  • 3 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7