Router with coaxial input

Eadan
Aspirant

Router with coaxial input

Hi, I am looking to upgrade my crappy ISP supplied dsl wifi modem/router. The probelm I am running into is that I need a dsl modem wifi that has a coaxial input for my TV. Apprently the TV runs off of the modem itset through the coaxial in the apartment. Any ideas on a router modem that will work for my situation? Thanks!

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 9
William10a
Master

Re: Router with coaxial input

@Eadan wrote:

Hi, I am looking to upgrade my crappy ISP supplied dsl wifi modem/router. The probelm I am running into is that I need a dsl modem wifi that has a coaxial input for my TV. Apprently the TV runs off of the modem itset through the coaxial in the apartment. Any ideas on a router modem that will work for my situation? Thanks!

Does your isp also provides tv service as well?

What modem/router did the isp give you?

Message 2 of 9
Eadan
Aspirant

Yes, This is why I need a wifi router with a coax input.

Message 3 of 9
William10a
Master

Are you sure it is dsl(phone based) and not a cable company based isp ?

Who is your isp and what speed you pay for?

Message 4 of 9
Eadan
Aspirant

My ISP is Cincinnati Bell. I pay for 100. I am sure it is dsl based. The data comes in from the phone line, i have a rj45 connection going from the modem to my desktop and the coaxial going from the modem and into the wall connecting to the 2 DVRs.

Message 5 of 9
William10a
Master

Can the router of the isp modem be placed in a bridge modem and your netgear could be used as your main router?

Message 6 of 9
Eadan
Aspirant

I guess it could. I was just hoping that maybe Netgear would have a router that I need so I wouldnt have to do all that.

Message 7 of 9
William10a
Master

Netgear has no dsl modem with coax tv output at this present but may be one in the works. 

Message 8 of 9
Eadan
Aspirant

Ok, thank you

Message 9 of 9
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 8 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements