Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Routerlogin.net no longer working on wired LAN - firmware regression

madbrain
Luminary

Routerlogin.net no longer working on wired LAN - firmware regression

Updated my R7000 to V1.0.7.6_1.1.99 .

Now, when I go to routerlogin.net from my desktop, I get a page that states :

"You are not connected to your Router’s WiFi network. To access routerlogin.net, your device must be connected to your Router’s WiFi network. Check your current connection and try again."

This is a regression. I shouldn't need to be connected to Wifi. My desktop doesn't have a Wifi interface. It's hooked up by wired LAN (gigabit ethernet). This used to work. Please fix it !

I can still access the router via the IP address, but I would like this regression fixed.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 10

Accepted Solutions
madbrain
Luminary

I wanted it fixed indeed, not worked around.

Thanks for pointing me to the anti-virus direction. I do use AVG. Looks like a recent AVG update broke it - disabling AVG temporarily, routerlogin.net works fine - turning it back on, it's broken.

Sorry about the erroneous bug report on firmware. Both my R7000 firmware update and AVG anti-virus update happened in the same timeframe. I will take my complaint to AVG.

View solution in original post

Message 8 of 10

All Replies
William10a
Master

Any firmware updates ?

Using Genie ?

Any changes to your setup ?

What os are you using ?

Message 2 of 10
madbrain
Luminary

William,

1) Firmware update - duh, yes, this regression happened right after the router's firmware upgrade

2) no idea what Genie even is

3) no changes whatsoever, only router firmware upgrade

4) Windows 10 x64

Message 3 of 10
William10a
Master

Genie is the software program what allows you to setup the router from your desk top with out logging in to the router by a browser in the router.

Message 4 of 10
sir_bazz
Guide

@madbrain wrote:

I can still access the router via the IP address, but I would like this regression fixed.

Tried putting an entry in your hosts file for the router?

Message 5 of 10
madbrain
Luminary

No, I didn't try to put a HOSTS file entry. I shouldn't have to. This is a feature that worked previously without having to do that. Nettgear needs to fix this regression.

Message 6 of 10
sir_bazz
Guide

I thought you just wanted it fixed.  Fastest way to fix it is via the hosts file but I'm sure there's a good reason you'd prefer not to use it or the router's IP address .  As an aside I don't see how this can be a firmware issue as it's not affecting all users.  Last time we saw this issue, some 12 months ago?, was due to AV software conflicts.

NOTE: if you have installed any antivirus or firewall device ,please disable it , sometimes softwares like kaspersky , AVG , norton , etc. All these softwares block routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com and even users are not able to access router login page using default ip address. In such cases, antivirus program is blocking router access i.e routerlogin.net or routerlogin.com ,it is recommended to uninstall the security software or alternatively you can uncheck the antivirus network filter under network adapter properties.

Source: http://www.routerlog-in.net/

Message 7 of 10
madbrain
Luminary

I wanted it fixed indeed, not worked around.

Thanks for pointing me to the anti-virus direction. I do use AVG. Looks like a recent AVG update broke it - disabling AVG temporarily, routerlogin.net works fine - turning it back on, it's broken.

Sorry about the erroneous bug report on firmware. Both my R7000 firmware update and AVG anti-virus update happened in the same timeframe. I will take my complaint to AVG.

Message 8 of 10
IrvSp
Master

AVG might not see the Router's IP Address as a TRUSTED address. I don't have AVG, but I think all firewalls have settings for trusted IP Addresses and ranges. Check to see it you have that.

Message 9 of 10
William10a
Master

Are you using the Genie app to access and control your router?

What os are you using on your computer?

You could set a short time out for avg when you need access your route only disable it at times you access the routers control?

Is there a update for the avg program and contacted avg and let them about this problem maybe they do not know about the issue?

Message 10 of 10
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 9 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7