Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Routing problem

jumanji1969
Aspirant

Routing problem

Hi,

I bought it long time ago, exactly when they launched it.

i had vdsl connection, it was working great. i mean my network was great, i have a popcorn hour media player and Asustor NAS, I never had problems while watching HD movies from my pc (connection wireless) and NAS (connection wired by switch).

now i got fiber optic internet, and i was obliged to use VLAN configuration to be able to have internet.

i changed nothing in my network setup, but streaming became so slow, i am not able to watch HD movies.

let me give you an idea about my network setup:

ISP MODEM/ROUTER in bridge mode connected to R8000 by WLAN, and R8000 connected from lan 1 to lan i SWITCH D-LINK dsg-1008g, nas CONNECTED TO SWITCH, MEDIA PLAYER CONNECTED TO SWITCH, but pc connected wireless, apple tv connected wireless, and all my mobile devices connected wireless.

can anybody help me to find a solution?

does the vlan setup effect the speed between devices?

Thanks & Regards,

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 11

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Hi jumanji1969,

Just to check if it is the VLAN, try disabling the VLAN and observe the connection between the devices. Reconfigure it after the observation.

JamesGL
Community Team

View solution in original post

Message 9 of 11

All Replies
Retired_Member
Not applicable

ISP MODEM/ROUTER in bridge mode connected to R8000 by WLAN   explain this?

Have tried using ISP modem/router in router mode and using r8000 in AP mode?

Message 2 of 11
jumanji1969
Aspirant

i meant connecting the ISP modem/router from lan port to Netgear R8000 internet port (yellow one).

using the netgear in AP, won't reduce it's capacity?

the internet speed is great, streaming online is great.

the main issue is that devices connected wired can't communicate with the wireless devices properly.

all the devices were connected in the same way, what i changed is the VLAN mode, to be able to be connected to the new ISP fiber optic modem/router.

without VLAN mode there was no way to be connected.

thank you in advance & regards,

Message 3 of 11
JamesGL
Master

Hi jumanji1969,

1. Where did you configure the VLAN mode? Is it on the router or your modem?

2. Are the HD movies being watched locally or via Interner(Online Streaming)?

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 4 of 11
jumanji1969
Aspirant

Hi,
Vlan mode on router, netgear r8000.
Hd moving watched locally, source my pc, connected wireless to router, and the media player connected by wire to the switch.
I have no problem in internet streaming.
Thanks
Message 5 of 11
jumanji1969
Aspirant

Sorry, HD MOVIES, not mobing
Message 6 of 11
JamesGL
Master

Hi jumanji1969,

Can you connect the media player directly to the router and check the connection.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 7 of 11
jumanji1969
Aspirant

Hi,

i already tried that too. we still having the same problem.

once i connect the media player to the network through wifi , and the pc is on wifi, HD MOVIES WILL WORK PERFECTLY.

once i connect the media player to the network through lan of switch or direct to the router , and the NAS is on wifi, HD MOVIES WILL WORK PERFECTLY.

Something weird, even tried to reset the media player, with being able to solve this issue.

the problem appears when i did configure the Netgear R8000 in VLAN. before that all the connections were exactly same as i have now, and everything was working perfectly.

Message 8 of 11
JamesGL
Master

Hi jumanji1969,

Just to check if it is the VLAN, try disabling the VLAN and observe the connection between the devices. Reconfigure it after the observation.

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 9 of 11
jumanji1969
Aspirant

Hi,

will try it and advise.

thanks

Message 10 of 11
JamesGL
Master

Hi jumanji1969,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

JamesGL
Community Team

Message 11 of 11
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 10 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7