Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SOME OF MY RAX200 ADMIN MENU ITEMS ARE GREYED OUT - WHY

Maybloom
Aspirant

SOME OF MY RAX200 ADMIN MENU ITEMS ARE GREYED OUT - WHY

Hi All

I have just set up my RAX200 as an ACCESS POINT to an existing network I have at home. I am using my original D-LINK 4320-L Modem/Router as the main router connected to FTTN NBN here in Australia.

I know, it may be overkill, but I wanted a great WiFi 6 future proofed router to feed my Samsung S21+ and Galaxy Tab 7+.

I accessed the RAX200 and after setup, I doodled around the menu structure and found a number of the internal ADMIN menu items greyed out and I cannot do anything with them.

Is this because I have the RAX200 as the second router and not the only router? If not, why are some selections greyed out?

Could someone please advise.

Regards and thanks.

Model: RAX200|Nighthawk Tri-band AX12 12-Stream Wi-Fi 6 Router
Message 1 of 7

Accepted Solutions
plemans
Guru

Re: SOME OF MY RAX200 ADMIN MENU ITEMS ARE GREYED OUT - WHY

Message 2 of 7

All Replies
plemans
Guru

Access point disables some features because the primary router controls those. 

https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Which-features-are-disabled-on-my-NETGEAR-router-when-it-is-set-to-AP-M...

Message 2 of 7
FURRYe38
Guru

Please visit the RAX WiFi 6 forum for your model router:

https://community.netgear.com/t5/Nighthawk-Routers-with-WiFi-6-AX/bd-p/en-home-routers-nighthawk-wif...

Will have good information there regarding it. 

When in AP mode, there are some features that are disabled by design when in AP mode that normally are used and enabled when in router mode. When in AP mode these features are not needed thus disabled. 

https://kb.netgear.com/26765/Disabled-Features-on-the-Router-when-set-to-AP-Mode

Good Luck. 

Message 3 of 7

@Maybloom wrote:

I have just set up my RAX200 as an ACCESS POINT to an existing network I have at home. I am using my original D-LINK 4320-L Modem/Router as the main router connected to FTTN NBN here in Australia.

No need to post yet again in another section. @plemans has answered your question. It applies to all routers in AP mode., There is nothing special about the RAX200 on that front.

I step in only to suggest that if you really want better control of the router, then you might want to think about putting the D-LINK modem/router into bridge (modem only) mode.

Modem/routers are often less capable than standalone routers, which can also offer features that are beyond those that you'll get from a Modem/Router.

d-link 4320l bridge mode - Google Search – d-link 4320l bridge mode

The choice is yours.

That advice applies to all modem/routers, which is yet another reason for sticking with this conversation.

Message 4 of 7
Maybloom
Aspirant

Thanks so much.

Message 5 of 7
Maybloom
Aspirant

Thank you.

Message 6 of 7
Maybloom
Aspirant

Thank you for the idea. It is very tempting. Stay safe.

Message 7 of 7
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7