Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

SSH go through R7800 directly

ryanchu71
Follower

SSH go through R7800 directly

I'm new to Netgear router. I started to use R7800 last month with latest firmware 1.0.2.28. I set up 3 port forwarding rules (HTTP, FTP & L2TP/IPsec) on the router to access my internal machine. However, I found a lot of SSH traffic went through my router keep trying to login my internal Linux machine recently. Dose anyone has similar issue? How to block all incoming traffic except HTTP, FTP & L2TP/IPSec to my internal network? 

Model: R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
schumaku
Guru

Re: SSH go through R7800 directly

Very unlikely the Nighthawk would allow incoming connections on 22/TCP to your Linux system on the LAN on it's own.

Only TCP and UDP ports forwarded manually or by UPnP PMP/IGD are permitted to access the mapped port on the LAN IP address. Check your router on Advanced -> Advanced Settings -> UPnP ...

Advanced Setup - UPnP.PNG 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
schumaku
Guru

Re: SSH go through R7800 directly

Very unlikely the Nighthawk would allow incoming connections on 22/TCP to your Linux system on the LAN on it's own.

Only TCP and UDP ports forwarded manually or by UPnP PMP/IGD are permitted to access the mapped port on the LAN IP address. Check your router on Advanced -> Advanced Settings -> UPnP ...

Advanced Setup - UPnP.PNG 

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7