STRICT NAT/DOUBLE NAT on Xbox Live

DiaI
Aspirant

STRICT NAT/DOUBLE NAT on Xbox Live

I have port forwarded all the required network ports that are required for Xbox Live and it still doesn't work. When I am on Advanced Settings on my network settings on my Xbox One it says: NAT Type: STRICT and that I have a double nat. What steps do I take next to resolve this issue? I am on a fiber based internet service provider. My UPnP is currently on by default.  IPv6 is currently disabled. My router is a Netgear Nighthawk R7000. Not sure what other information to give. Would love to get this finally resolved.

Message 1 of 4
antinode
Guru

Re: STRICT NAT/DOUBLE NAT on Xbox Live

> I have port forwarded all the required network ports that are required
> for Xbox Live [...]

What are your actual port-forwarding rules?  Copy+paste is your
friend.  What's the (LAN) IP address of the Xbox?

> [...] My router is a Netgear Nighthawk R7000. [...]

Firmware version?  Connected to what?  What is the IP address of its
WAN/Internet interface?

Message 2 of 4

Did you try this:

Search - NETGEAR Communities – Xbox Live

A raft of SOLVED messages there that might help.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 3 of 4
DiaI
Aspirant

?

Not sure if this is what you're asking about the port forwarding rules but I inputed all of these:

Port 88 (UDP), Port 3074 (UDP and TCP), Port 53 (UDP and TCP), Port 80 (TCP), Port 500 (UDP), Port 3544 (UDP), Port 4500 (UDP). Where would I find the LAN IP address for the xbox?

The firmware version is: V1.0.9.88_10.2.88 

The router is connected to this little rectangle box that is plugged into the wall outlet that runs a wire to the routers "internet" port. Not sure if I have a modem. Where would I find IP address of its
WAN/Internet interface? I included a picture of the little rectangle box. Thank you for trying to help, im really clueless when it comes to this stuff.

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E