Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Samsung Blu-ray player says the HTTP port is disabled

Itsall4fun
Guide

Samsung Blu-ray player says the HTTP port is disabled

I am trying to connect my wired Samsung Blu-ray player to the internet and I keep getting the message that the HTTP port is disabled. I have tried assigning its own IP address and also entering the router settings manually into the player. Nothing works, so I’m looking for suggestions.
Model: R6900v2|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 12

Accepted Solutions
Itsall4fun
Guide

I installed a firmware update for the blu-ray player onto a flash drive and updated the player through that and it connected again finally. Guess the new router was not compatible with it before the update. I would try that.

View solution in original post

Message 11 of 12

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

I just Googled "Samsung Bluray http disabled"' and found this interesting link on another forum.  Looks like either manually configuring a DNS server address on the Blu-Ray player or manually configuring a static IP, gateway address and DNS server address works.

Message 2 of 12
Itsall4fun
Guide

Hi thanks, I read that same post and tried everything it suggested to no avail.
Model: R6900v2|Nighthawk AC1900 Smart WiFi Router
Message 3 of 12
TheEther
Guru

Can you provide some details about what you tried? Did you manually enter a DNS server address on the player? What address did you enter?

Did you try entering a static IP address as well as a gateway address? What did you enter?

Is your player obtaining an IP address from the router?
Message 4 of 12
Itsall4fun
Guide

Yes I entered the DNS server address, static IP and gateway as listed in my router configuration. I added a photo to the original post of the network test screen on the player. It is obtaining an IP address.
Message 5 of 12
TheEther
Guru

You shouldn't copy the same values from the router. When you manually enter a static IP address into the player, you are setting up the player to NOT use DHCP. You can't just use the same IP address that the router had previously assigned to the player. As far as the router is concerned, the player has stopped using DHCP, and that IP address is now available to be assigned to another device.

It might be easier to switch the player back to using DHCP to obtain an IP address. Then, just override the DNS server address. If you want to use a static IP, then you will have to use an address that outside the range of addresses managed by the router's DHCP server. For example, if the router is set up to hand out addresses between 192.168.1.2 and 192.168.1.100, then using something like 192.168.1.200.

As to the DNS server address, you probably entered the router's IP address. You should, instead, enter the address of a real DNS server on the Internet. Use 8.8.8.8. This is the IP address for Google's DNS server. Being Google, it's pretty much guaranteed to work.
Message 6 of 12
rgjacobsen
Tutor

I have the same problem. My router is the wndr3400. The DVD player is configured with a static address and uses a wired connection. All tests get passed except the internet connection. Changing the DNS server to 8.8.8.8 doesn’t help. It used to work before, but as several other people also reported, it stopped apparently for no reason and now it says the http port is disabled and recommends checking the firewall. I wonder if Comcast could be blocking it, or Norton.
Message 7 of 12
Itsall4fun
Guide

Thanks, I have tried all of this it still gives the same message. I guess I should try to give Samsung a call and see if they can help, although I’m almost positive it’s a router issue because it worked on my old netgear router and when I upgraded to the nighthawk is when the issue occurred.
Message 8 of 12
rgjacobsen
Tutor

My router is another model, but I haven’t changed routers in a while, the DVD player was working with it. I changed the cable modem though, from Comcast’s to my own. Everything else works as before, just this DVD player had the problem, from more than 15 devices connected to the router.
Message 9 of 12
paicanuck
Initiate

I have a Samsung Bluray BD E5300. It used to work fine for 4 years. Then one day it decided it didn't want to connect to the internet anymore. I have been online for over six months looking for a solution. It is the final connection 'Internet Service Test' that is having the 'HTTP port is disabled' message. I have tried every 'trick' out there. It is not the router I have come to realize. The player was originally connected to one service provider with its router and now it is connected to a different one in a different town. So I believe it is the actual player that is the culprit. Any new suggestions out there? I'm just about ready to toss it out and buy a new one.

Message 10 of 12
Itsall4fun
Guide

I installed a firmware update for the blu-ray player onto a flash drive and updated the player through that and it connected again finally. Guess the new router was not compatible with it before the update. I would try that.
Message 11 of 12
paicanuck
Initiate

Finally!!!! The firmware update did the trick. After trying two different service providers, I came to the conclusion it was the player and not the router. I hope everyone else out there sees this who thinks it is an IP address issue.

Message 12 of 12
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 11 replies
  • 5 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7