Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Samsung Blue Ray does not connect to internet, but other devices do.

bldroge
Aspirant

Samsung Blue Ray does not connect to internet, but other devices do.

I have been using this Samsung Blue Ray player with this router for over a year without issues. A few days ago I set up parental controls, by downloading the Netgear Genie app on my Windows Desktop PC, on the router and now the Blue Ray does not connect to the internet. However it connects to the Router just fine. I have 2 Andoriod Phones, 1 Andoriod Tablet, a WII Gaming Console, and a Windows Desktop computer that all connect to the router and the internet just fine. I have tried powering down the player several times over the course of 2 days, and has been powered down over night twice. I have cleared and re-set up the Wi-Fi Setting on the player. I have even updated the router. and disabled the Parental Controls. all without any success. The DNS and IP are obtained Automaticly by the Player. Any Ideas?

Model: R6700|Nighthawk AC1750 Smart WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
JamesGL
Master

Re: Samsung Blue Ray does not connect to internet, but other devices do.

Message 4 of 6

All Replies
JamesGL
Master

HI bldroge,

Can you try to reset the router and manually reconfigure it and see if that works.

Message 2 of 6
bldroge
Aspirant

I am not sure what you mean. are you suggesting just cutting the power, or eraseing the setttings and starting over?

Message 3 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi bldroge,

Here is how you reset the router.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9665/related/1

Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi bldroge,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if the information we’ve provided has helped resolve your issue or if you need further assistance.

If your issue is now resolved we encourage you to mark the appropriate reply as the “Accepted Solution” so others can be confident in benefiting from the solution. The Netgear community looks forward to hearing from you and being a helpful resource in the future!

Message 5 of 6
netwrks
Master

@bldroge wrote:

I am not sure what you mean. are you suggesting just cutting the power, or eraseing the setttings and starting over?

First trying disabling Netgear Genie, and see if you dvd player connects.. 

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7