Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Seagate 2TB drive not showing up

kmun64
Aspirant

Seagate 2TB drive not showing up

I am having multiple issues recently and do not know if it is the Nighthawk or another device on my network. I have a setup that is way too complicated for me. I am trying to simplify using the seagate as a central storage and back up system. It was working up until yesterday but then several things happened and I don't really know if related or not though don't see how could be related really. First my laptop crashed, one minute fine the next the hard drive freezes and cannot boot any more. But then I started having problems with seeing devices on my network starting with the seagate. It just isn't there and the ready share vault says backup engine failure?, whatever that means,  but when I put the device on my computer it is fine and I can see the files that are backed up. I did change the name of the device from readyshare to a personal name but don't know why that would matter. When I go to the UI online, advanced, I see the Seagate device listed there but in my Netgear genie it does not show up on the network map nor in windows explorer. Also don't know if related but I cannot see some of the other devices listed in the Netgear genie listed in windows explorer like I used to. Sorry for long explanation, I have done minimal troubleshooting such as rebooting and reconnecting devices but don't really know what else to do or where to start. Any suggestions appreciated but please be specific if possible. I use computers extensively but not for lack of trying I still am a novice when it comes to technical stuff 

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 2

Accepted Solutions
kmun64
Aspirant

Re: Seagate 2TB drive not showing up

so didn't get any one to answr me on this one but by some miracle, its working again! I still haven't figured out what fixed it though so sorry to anyone having anything similar. I do know a lot of the problems with connectivity and such came after a windows update-I think they called it windows creator update?-anyway, seemed to finally work on its own after a computer restart one of the  many times and since has been backing up smoothly. who knows?

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 2

All Replies
kmun64
Aspirant

Re: Seagate 2TB drive not showing up

so didn't get any one to answr me on this one but by some miracle, its working again! I still haven't figured out what fixed it though so sorry to anyone having anything similar. I do know a lot of the problems with connectivity and such came after a windows update-I think they called it windows creator update?-anyway, seemed to finally work on its own after a computer restart one of the  many times and since has been backing up smoothly. who knows?

Message 2 of 2
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 1 reply
  • 0 kudos
  • 1 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7