Seagate drive 3Tb used for ready share now suddenly not recognized anywhere

martinwest69
Aspirant

Seagate drive 3Tb used for ready share now suddenly not recognized anywhere

I have just got a Nighthawk and was setting it up . I updated to the latest firmware.

I tried connecting at 3TB seagate external hard drive and it worked fine. I then went to connect it back to my Mac and was told that the drive is not recognized/able to read. The same for my macbook pro and when I connected back the Nighthawk there is no connection and there seems to be no indication it is trying (USB light doesn't light up). It is as if the the drive is now completely dead. It can only be because of what the nighthawk has done to it. Aargh

Any help gratefully received.

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Re: Seagate drive 3Tb used for ready share now suddenly not recognized anywhere

@martinwest69 wrote:

It can only be because of what the nighthawk has done to it. Aargh

Or it was a complete coincidence. If it was going to die, it could have done so at any stage.

Have you tried a different USB cable? These can die too.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 6
martinwest69
Aspirant

There's nothing wrong with the cable- I ran some data recovery software and it can see all the files sitting there. I was hoping that there was some way to repair whatever has corrupted the partition or whatever has happened..

Message 3 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi martinwest69,

1. What was the file format of the drive?

2. What data recovery software did you use to check the files? Where is it installed?

3. What is the firmware version of the router?

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 6
JamesGL
Master

Hi martinwest69,

We’d greatly appreciate hearing your feedback letting us know if you need further assistance.

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 5 of 6
martinwest69
Aspirant

I sent it back. I spent way too much time on it. I couldn't even get it to provide a constant feed through the Ethernet connections. I rebooted it so many times I got fed up and sent it back for a refund. It was obviously a lemon with so many different problems.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E