× Some paid Circle Parental controls customers may be showing free options only. Router firmware correcting this issue will be available ASAP. Visit Status.NETGEAR.com for updates.

Discussion stats
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements

Top Contributors
Highlighted
Aspirant

[Security] Oberfläche des Routers aus dem Internet erreichbar

Hallo,

ich verwende folgenden Router:

Netgear Nighthawk R7000P (Firmware: V1.3.2.72_10.1.40)

Mir ist soeben aufgefallen, dass die Web-Oberfläche meines Routers aus dem Internet erreichbar ist.

In den Einstellungen unter "Erweitert" => "Erweiterte Einrichtung" => "Web Services Management" ist alles deaktiviert. Weitere Einstellungen diesbezüglich konnte ich nicht finden.

Kann jemand bestätigen, dass sein Router ebenfalls aus dem Internet erreichbar ist, obwohl diese Option(en) im Router deaktiviert sind?

Ich vermute, dass es sich hierbei um einen fatalen Bug in der Firmware handelt und würde darum bitten, diesen schnellstmöglich zu beheben.

Viele Grüße

Benjamin

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 1 of 8
Highlighted
Aspirant

Betreff: [Security] Oberfläche des Routers aus dem Internet erreichbar

(I'm from Germany, but I'll try to translate)

English version:

Hello,

I'm using this router:

Netgear Nighthawk R7000P (Firmware: V1.3.2.72_10.1.40)

I found out that the web gui of my router is accessible from the internet (over the ip address).

In the settings "Web Services Management" everything is deactivated. I couldn't find any other options.

Can anyone confirm this behavior with all options regarding "internet access" disabled/deactivated?

I suspect this is a fatal bug in the firmware of the router and would ask Netgear to fix this error!

Best regards

Benjamin

Model: R7000P|Nighthawk AC2300 Smart WiFi Dual Band Gigabit Router
Message 2 of 8
Highlighted
Master

On my R7800, the Remote Management is located at Advanced -> Advanced Setup -> Remote Management. In there you can disable remote management, assuing it's there on your R7000P

Routing: NETGEAR R7800 - Voxel Firmware 1.0.2.77SF & kamoj addon
Switching: 2x NETGEAR 8-ports (GS108v4) / 1x NETGEAR 16-ports (JGS516v2)
Desktop: AMD Ryzen 7 3700X - Server: Intel Core i7-7700K - NAS: Intel Pentium G4400
Message 3 of 8
Highlighted
Guru

@microchip8 wrote:

On my R7800, the Remote Management is located at Advanced -> Advanced Setup -> Remote Management. In there you can disable remote management, assuing it's there on your R7000P

Same on the R9000, on the German translation it's named "Fernsteuerung" here. However, when investigating a little bit, we find that R7000P owners talked of "Web Services Management" in the past, too.

Message 4 of 8
Highlighted
Aspirant

Thanks for the answers.

On the R7000P it's called "Web Services Management". I haven't found something called "Remote Management" or "Fernsteuerung".

But there, everything is disabled already. So I absolutely don't understand why the gui is accessible from the internet...

Message 5 of 8
Highlighted
Sensei

> [...] I absolutely don't understand why the gui is accessible from the
> internet...

https://community.netgear.com/t5/x/x/m-p/1671127

Message 6 of 8
Highlighted
Guru

@antinode you suspect the OP is using NAT loopback, e.g. accessing the router on the Internet/WAN IP address from the LAN?

Message 7 of 8
Highlighted
Sensei

> [...] you suspect [...]

Yes.  It would not be the first time that someone believed that "from
the internet" and "(over the [public/WAN/Internet] ip address)" were
synonymous.

Message 8 of 8