Security questions

Dvangord
Follower

Security questions

Hi, I am trying to get into my router and every time I put the security question answers in, it is telling me they are incorrect. I’ve tried resetting the router to factory and it still is asking me the same security questions after I factory reset. Help!
Message 1 of 5

Re: Security questions

Which router is this?

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 2 of 5
tlmassey
Apprentice

On the back of your router there should be a small paperclip-sized hole with a button inside.  Insert a paperclip to hold the button down for a solid 10 seconds.  This will wipe any settings on your router, including password and security question information.  Then you should be able to log back in with the standard admin/password combination.

Message 3 of 5
Randal255
Aspirant

Just call it's easier
Message 4 of 5

@Randal255 wrote:
Just call it's easier

Not if no one out there knows what these security questions and answers are. And good luck find a number to call.

These are set up by the user, not by Netgear. Anything Netgear creates is on the back of the device.

But as the person who asked the question has gone to earth, it is anybody's guess as to what they are talking about.  Maybe they fixed the problem and haven't got round to telling us.

So far, @tlmassey has provided the best advice.

Just another user.

My network DM200 -> R7800 -> GS316 -> PL1000 -> Orbi RBR40 -> Orbi RBS50Y -> RBS40V
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 4 in conversation
Announcements