Re: Serious connectivity problems

David_S147
Aspirant

Serious connectivity problems

Hi all,
hope someone can help with as it's being going on two days now and it's driving me crazy.
I bought this router and a new modem to replace the poor one the internet provider supplied, I have followed the videos and instructions to the letter and each time when I get to the end it pops up at the top of the screen I need to sign in and when I click on it I get this message on the next screen

Page block by Nighthawk X6 R8000

Any help would be greatly appreciated

David S
Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 1 of 16
IrvSp
Master

@David_S147 wrote:
Hi all,
hope someone can help with as it's being going on two days now and it's driving me crazy.
I bought this router and a new modem to replace the poor one the internet provider supplied, I have followed the videos and instructions to the letter and each time when I get to the end it pops up at the top of the screen I need to sign in and when I click on it I get this message on the next screen

Page block by Nighthawk X6 R8000

Any help would be greatly appreciated

David S

How about some real information? What modem? Where are you getting the message? Post a screen capture, take one, then save it and post using the Browse button below the input area so it can be seen immediately.

Specifically WHAT video's and instructions...

Message 2 of 16
David_S147
Aspirant

I have a Draytek Vigo 130 Modem
The two videos I watched are below
I also followed the on-screen instructions from the Netgear Genie

https://youtu.be/Oil-ZLP7ibw

https://youtu.be/1wJfLHE3ddw
Message 3 of 16
David_S147
Aspirant

When I go to settings and click on NetgeaR05 to connect to the WiFi it then say's I need to sign in, when I try to sign I go to that white screen with the page block message I put on the previous post
Message 4 of 16
David_S147
Aspirant

Message 5 of 16
IrvSp
Master

Do you have ACCESS CONTROL on and not allowing new devices?

Message 6 of 16
David_S147
Aspirant

I can't connect to the internet through that router so i don't know how to get to Access Control, is it actually possible without the router not being connected to the internet??
Message 7 of 16
antinode
Guru

> [...] instructions [...]

Which "instructions"?

> I can't connect to the internet through that router so i don't know
> how to get to Access Control, is it actually possible without the router
> not being connected to the internet??

Yes.  Otherwise, how could anyone configure a new router?

Visit http://netgear.com/support , put in your model number, and look
for Documentation.  Get the User Manual.  Read.  You might start by
looking for "Factory Settings" (and doing a settings reset).

Message 8 of 16
David_S147
Aspirant

I've done a few factory resets, one thing I have noticed is quite a few things I have read have said make you put the the correct username and password but I've never been on a screen that has prompted me for them
Message 9 of 16
David_S147
Aspirant

At number 3 on that screen shot I never get asked for the login details when I type www.routerlogin.net
The genie always kicks straight in when press enter
Message 10 of 16
IrvSp
Master

Of course not, you are using a phone connected to the Cell service, NOT the Wireless. You need to be connected to the Wireless signal, using the USERID and PASSWORD for the band on the BOTTOM lable of the router.

Can't do that, need a WIRED connection.

Message 11 of 16
David_S147
Aspirant

I can only use WiFi with my tablet, I'll get an long ethernet cable today and try and set it up through my android box.
What does USERED mean??
Message 12 of 16
IrvSp
Master

@David_S147 wrote:
I can only use WiFi with my tablet, I'll get an long ethernet cable today and try and set it up through my android box.
What does USERED mean??

Typo USERID.

You can’t access the router with wireless unless you connect to it using the USERID and PASSWORD default values on the router bottom label.

Message 13 of 16
IrvSp
Master

@David_S147, go back to https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oil-ZLP7ibw&feature=youtu.be and start at 1:42, and follow those instructions again. Also at 1:51 for wireless. 2:13 also handles what happens if it doesn't start and how to switch to using a browser.

Message 14 of 16
David_S147
Aspirant

Ok thanks will give this a go and let you know how I get on, cheers for the help , it's much appreciated

David S
Message 15 of 16
David_S147
Aspirant

Bought a laptop so I could connect it via ethernet and it didn't make a jot of difference, exactly the same conclusion.

Model: R8000|Nighthawk X6 AC3200 Smart WIFI Router
Message 16 of 16
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 15 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements