Setting up USB printer on R7300 wifi modem/router - hard drive seen but not printer

govtdog
Aspirant

Setting up USB printer on R7300 wifi modem/router - hard drive seen but not printer

Win10, R7300 with firmware v1.0.0.44

I have read all the similar threads with regard to setting up a USB printer using Readyshare and USB control center and have randomly tried them all but I still cannot see the USB printer in the control center or in the Genie or anywhere else where I can see the rest of the network including the attached USB HD via the router.

Are there step by step instructions for installing the USB printer as I would like to uninstall everything related and then reinstall following the step by step instructions.

I have also seen about disabling the ACL but no matter where I look I cannot find anything which matches the screenshots I have seen for other model wifi netgear routers.

Can someone please help me?

Thanks,

John

Message 1 of 4
govtdog
Aspirant

Re: Setting up USB printer on R7300 wifi modem/router - hard drive seen but not printer

One more thing.... on the router itself, the USB #1(hard drive) light is lit but the USB #2(printer) light is not. Is it possible that the USB #2 hardware is disabled somewhere?

Thanks again!

Message 2 of 4
govtdog
Aspirant

Re: Setting up USB printer on R7300 wifi modem/router - hard drive seen but not printer

Nevermind.... I don't think that this old Dell printer can connect via the USB connection on a netgear nighthawk as the USB control center never seemed to be able to scan for devices after install???

I went ahead and bought a $10 usb wifi adapter for the printer so I hope that that will work?

Thanks anyway!

John

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Hello @govtdog

Welcome to the community!

What USB adapter did you buy? Most adapters need a driver to be installed on a computer to make it work.

What's the printer model that you have?

The USB port where you connected the printer will not be lit on the router.

Make sure to turn off or disable any firewall installed on your computer.

By the way, have you followed the steps from the ReadySHARE printer set up instructions?

ElaineM
NETGEAR Community Team
Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E