Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Setting up VPN for Nighthawk X6 R7900 - Apple Environment

RugbyDad
Aspirant

Setting up VPN for Nighthawk X6 R7900 - Apple Environment

I have the Netgear X6 R7900 (Firmware: V1.0.1.4_10.0.12) for our home envrionment.  We are essentially an all Apple environment with Macbook Air, Macbook, Macbook Pro's, iPad's, and iPhones (and iPods too).  I'd like to set up a VPN for our environment so we can improve security both at home and on the road.  However, when I went to set it up I noticed a disclaimer in red (see below) that "current IOS and Android clients are not supported".  Does this mean that only our iPhones and IPads won't be supported or that none of our Apple products will be supported?  Is there an expected date as to when IOS (and Android) devices will be supported?  Also, we also have an xBox and PC connected to the environment.  

Note:  This is my first time posting to any community site, so please forgive unintended breaches in protocol.

To install VPN client on your client devices:

Step 1: Select the Enable VPN Service check box and click the Apply button.
Step 2: Download the client utility from http://openvpn.net/index.php/download/community-downloads.html and install it on the devices where you want to run the VPN client. 
             Currently iOS and Android clients are not supported. 
Step 3: Click the proper button below to download the configuration files for your VPN clients. 
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
storm1985
Prodigy

It only means iPhones, iPads and Android phones/tablets. OpenVPN should work with your Mac OS PC 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 5

All Replies
storm1985
Prodigy

It only means iPhones, iPads and Android phones/tablets. OpenVPN should work with your Mac OS PC 

Message 2 of 5
RugbyDad
Aspirant

Thank you for the response. That is helpful.  Has there been any indication as to when iOS and Android platforms will be supported?

Message 3 of 5
storm1985
Prodigy

Once a new firmware will be release to support iOS and Android it will be indicated on the release notes. 

Just watch out for the new firmware. There will also be a notification on the GUI once new fw upgrade is available. 

You can see the release notes here or on the GUI as well. 

Message 4 of 5
RugbyDad
Aspirant

Great!  And thank you for the information.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 2 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7