Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Setting up wireless bridge

glung
Aspirant

Setting up wireless bridge

Hello:

I have a R7800 setup to connect to the internet running 5GHz only; then I have a R7500 which I wanted to setup as bridge.  I went through the setup on R7500 and after I hit Apply on the bridge setup page, the router seemed to reboot and I was kicked out from the page.  I'm not so sure if R7500 is now acting as bridge as I can no longer log into it.  I can now only log into R7800 but I cannot see the bridge.  Does anyone know how do I acess the bridge (R7500)?  

Thanks,

Gary

Model: R7500|Nighthawk X4 AC2350 Smart WiFi Router, R7800|Nighthawk X4S AC2600 Wifi Router
Message 1 of 5

Accepted Solutions
glung
Aspirant

After a few hours of resetting and playing with different settings, I finally got it to work..  turned out I got the R7500 to use the same wifi channel as the R7800 and it went through!

Thanks for your input.

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 5

All Replies
antinode
Guru

> [...] I'm not so sure if R7500 is now acting as bridge as I can no
> longer log into it. [...]

When you do what?  "can no longer" is not a useful problem
description.  It does not say what you did.  It does not say what
happened when you did it.  As usual, showing actual actions (commands)
with their actual results (error messages, LED indicators, ...) can be
more helpful than vague descriptions or interpretations.

When you change it to bridge mode, the R7500-as-bridge should get a
new LAN IP address from the main router, and it should appear in an
"Attached Devices" report on that main router (where you could learn
what that new LAN IP address is).

Message 2 of 5
glung
Aspirant

[...]When you do what?[...]

I was trying to log into R7500 (the bridge), to see its status, to see if it's in bridge mode, and I couldn't.. I tried logging onto www.routerlogin.net but all I could do was to go into R7800 page.

[...]When you change it to bridge mode, the R7500-as-bridge should get a new LAN IP address from the main router, and it should appear in an "Attached Devices" report on that main router[...]

That's the thing, I didn't see it in the "Attached Devices" report in the main router (the R7800), that's why I don't know the IP address of the bridge.

I reset the R7500 to factory default a few times, repeated the same bridge setup process, but same outcome: I got kicked out from the setup page after I clicked Apply then nothing happened.. according to the user manual, I was supposed to see the page said "connected" or something?

Assuming I did all steps right, does it mean something was wrong with the router? What else can I try?
Message 3 of 5
antinode
Guru

> [...] I didn't see it in the "Attached Devices" report in the main
> router (the R7800), [...]

Then it would appear that it failed to connect to the main router.
Other than your specifying bad wireless-network credentials (SSID,
passphrase), or some firmware problem somewhere, I don't have any clever
suggestions.

Message 4 of 5
glung
Aspirant

After a few hours of resetting and playing with different settings, I finally got it to work..  turned out I got the R7500 to use the same wifi channel as the R7800 and it went through!

Thanks for your input.

Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7