stevnim
Star

Settings Printout

This is a feature request to Netgear I thought others might want to comment on. Since a hard reset is required and settings need to be reentered, I would like to see a utility to print out all the settings. It would be a welcome feature to those who are now handwriting all the settings from all the tabs. Please comment or add to this before I submit this to Netgear.
Message 1 of 6
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Settings Printout

Over the years I gave up on it and started using a Excel doc. Even if they did offer it you'd still have to type them in when setting up a router. That said I think using a Excel file and copying and pasting a MAC Address helps. I usually setup a router for testing several times a month, 3 in the past week. Good luck on your quest!
Message 2 of 6
netwrks
Master

Copy - paste into Notepad, or some other doc. Also print screen should speed up the process...
Message 3 of 6
bjwierda
Aspirant

I would love this too
=========================
Im no Expert, Im often wrong Smiley Happy
=========================
Message 4 of 6
rdh91007
Guide

It would be even better if Netgear would fix the problem with reloading saved settings.

Currently, one of the best ways to ensure an unreliable experience is to reload saved settings after a firmware update.

Given the apparently poor architecture of the Firmware, I doubt that this can be done.
Message 5 of 6
stevnim
Star

FWIW, I submitted the request, but had a problem. Netgear asked for my R7000 serial number, verified my router was no longer in warranty and asked if instead I wanted to submit it to paid support. I declined.
Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 4 kudos
  • 5 in conversation
Announcements