Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Setup R7000 in Bridge Mode

LeeH
Prodigy

Setup R7000 in Bridge Mode

I upgraded my R7000 firmware from 1.0.4.28 to 1.0.7.6.  I had my R7000 setup as a bridge before the upgrade.  I logged into the router after the firmware update and the bridge setup now has its own section under Advanced setup instead of being a Use other operation mode check box and configuration under Wireless settings.  It is totally different than the previous configuration and only the old configuration method is covered by the R7000 Users Manual.

I have tried without success to configure the R7000 as a wireless bridge. There is no configuration section to input the parameters of the R7900 5G network I am trying to connect to.  Can anyone help out with this configuration?

Model: R7000|Nighthawk AC1900 Dual Band WiFi Router
Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Re: Setup R7000 in Bridge Mode

@LeeH Do you have the screen below? Once you have selected Bridge, there should be a button that says "Setup bridge mode wireless settings".

Once you have selected that then a pop-up window should appear to input the settings. 

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

@LeeH Do you have the screen below? Once you have selected Bridge, there should be a button that says "Setup bridge mode wireless settings".

Once you have selected that then a pop-up window should appear to input the settings. 

Message 2 of 4
LeeH
Prodigy

You are correct.  I didn't realize that the purple box was a button.  Thank You.

Message 3 of 4
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

You're very welcome.

Have a great day!

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 2 in conversation