Share name changed- can't edit it now??

buckyswider
Novice

Share name changed- can't edit it now??

:confused:

Hi all, I was humming along using my relatively new R7000 when I decided I'd put the share drive to good use. It had been connected for a long while with a 750GB SSD, but I never did much with it except use it for spare storage.

So I decided to put my music library and IP Cam video on there.

The first was quite a chore, as Slimserver (er, I mean "Logitech Media Servier") wouldn't work with the mapped drive letter (Win7x64), so I finally found out I had to point to the share name when I specified the music library folder. I had kept with the default "USB_Storage".

Last night my internet went out. Rebooted both modem & the router. Interwebs came back up, but I couldn't reconnect the share drive. Went in to the admin interface, and found that the same USB drive now had a share name of "T_Drive". (I think I may have experimented with a different drive earlier and given it that name, but that's long gone). So I go into "advanced" and hit "edit" to change the share name back, and I get a blip but I can't open up the name for editing.

When trying to get my music library visible last week, I *did* upgrade to V1.0.3.60_1.1.27. Not sure if that has anything to do with it, though.

Any ideas??? Thanks.
Message 1 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

Re: Share name changed- can't edit it now??

Search the forum for USB it's been discussed in great lengths already.
Message 2 of 5
buckyswider
Novice

great, thanks. my searches for "share name" proved futile.
Message 3 of 5
buckyswider
Novice

Well, that was interesting. Searches yielded no *real* solutions, but I did see someone mention pop-ups in that screen, so I needed to enable pop-ups (I recently got a new PC). Smiley Surprised

However, when I do go in and rename the share back to USB_Storage, it works until a router reboot, when it goes back to T_Drive. Am I missing a "save config" funtion or something like that? I do hit 'apply' at the pop-up screen and again at the Advanced Config screen. BTW, I'm running in "Basic" ReadyShare mode...

I tried multiple different searches ("USB" by itself returns nothing, interestingly- must be too short) and paged back the last 25 pages and saw nothing that looked like this.

Any other search terms that might yield the discussions you mentions? Sorry to seem like a N00b, but I'm coming up empty!!
Message 4 of 5
Retired_Member
Not applicable

You probably should contact support.
Message 5 of 5
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 2 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 6E