Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Re: Sharing/Streaming music through my network

mopargocar
Aspirant

Sharing/Streaming music through my network

I am currently using the Netgear Genie app on my Samsung S5 to stream my music during parties outside off my (2) 4 tb WD HD's connected via USB on the Nighthawk Router.  The problem I am having is I cannot create playlists within the app so it's a pain going from song to song.   I can access my network with programs like winamp on my laptop which will let me select numorous songs and the party can last for hours.  HA!!  I would really like to use my phone instead of the laptop.  Again.  What would be the best way to access my music library and be able to select numorous songs like a playlist.

Thanks for any help

Ricky  

Message 1 of 4

Accepted Solutions
TheEther
Guru

Your Samsung S5 supports DLNA, so you should be able to enable the DLNA server on the Nighthawk and stream music from it to your phone.  On the Nighthawk, go to ADVANCED > USB Functions > ReadySHARE Storage. Click on the Media Server tab and enable DLNA Media Server.  Then Apply.

View solution in original post

Message 2 of 4

All Replies
TheEther
Guru

Your Samsung S5 supports DLNA, so you should be able to enable the DLNA server on the Nighthawk and stream music from it to your phone.  On the Nighthawk, go to ADVANCED > USB Functions > ReadySHARE Storage. Click on the Media Server tab and enable DLNA Media Server.  Then Apply.

Message 2 of 4
mopargocar
Aspirant

First off thanks for your information. I have tried using numerous apps with the DNLA settings but I don't know if it's all the small mp3 files are to much to pull in or what. It loads the named files A-D for example just fine. When you click on say....Skid Row nothing is in the folder? The Netgear app shows them all just fine. Just no way to create a playlist. I don't understand why the netgear app would have all the information loaded and the other programs (apps) seem like they are overwhelmed.
Message 3 of 4
JamesGL
Master

Hi @mopargocar,

Welcome to Community!

For Genie app, it will search for all media files on the drive and will be assigned to specific folder if its music, photo or videos but there is no option or feature that you can create a playlist.

http://kb.netgear.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/22739/~/using-my-media-in-the-netgear-genie-mobile-app

Regards,

JamesGL

Community Team

Message 4 of 4
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 kudo
  • 3 in conversation
Announcements

Orbi WiFi 7