Orbi WiFi 7 RBE973

Sharp Aquos TV doesn't find Netgear wifi router

Carrera911fan
Aspirant

Sharp Aquos TV doesn't find Netgear wifi router

The new Nighthawk X8 AC5300 wifi router is installed and all our devices connect successfully, with the exception of our Sharp Aquos TV.  The TV doesn't find the wifi router - our home wifi network isn't listed as an available selection.  How do I get our new wifi router network to be identified as an available choice? The TV is a Sharp Aquos model LC70SQ15U.  Thanks!

Model: R8500|Nighthawk X8 Tri-Band AC5300 WiFi Router
Message 1 of 6

Accepted Solutions
Carrera911fan
Aspirant

Re: Sharp Aquos TV doesn't find Netgear wifi router

Thank you for the suggestions.  Because all of our other devicies work fine with our wifi, we decided it must be a problem with the TV, so we went with a new Apple TV rather than hassling with TV repair.

Thus concludes the saga of my Sharp TV / Netgear wifi dilemma. 🙂

View solution in original post

Message 5 of 6

All Replies
ElaineM
NETGEAR Employee Retired

Welcome to the community, @Carrera911fan

Can the Sharp TV find other wireless devices?

This might be just a TV setting and not NETGEAR since all other devices in your network can connect successfully. 

Message 2 of 6
Carrera911fan
Aspirant

Thank you for the reply Elaine. An Internet search finds many, many complaints about Sharp TVs and wifi connection problems. I'm hoping I can benefit from the experience of someone in the community who resolved the same problem (Sharp TV and Netgear router), before I call in a technician to try to fix it.
Message 3 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Try this, disable security on the WiFi temporarily to see if the TV can see the wifi SSID name. Disable on 2.4Ghz first. If the TV does not see the SSID name and or can not connect to the SSID name while security is OPEN, then there probably is something wrong with the TV.

Re-enable WPA2 security after testing.

Need to find out if your TV supports 5Ghz wifi or not. Contact the Mfr.

Does the TV have a wired LAN network cable port? If it does, try connecting the TV to the router that way.

Message 4 of 6
Carrera911fan
Aspirant

Thank you for the suggestions.  Because all of our other devicies work fine with our wifi, we decided it must be a problem with the TV, so we went with a new Apple TV rather than hassling with TV repair.

Thus concludes the saga of my Sharp TV / Netgear wifi dilemma. 🙂

Message 5 of 6
FURRYe38
Guru

Cheers.

Message 6 of 6
Top Contributors
Discussion stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 kudos
  • 3 in conversation